Just venting. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just venting. ...

I have a few clients that continually show up earlier than they are supposed to. Like 20 minutes early. Then steady text me while they wait. Ahhh! Think I need to tell them 45 minutes after I will be done.

Vent away....we all have some silly clients.
    Yep, either tell them a later pick up time or don't answer texts,except one to let them know they are early and will see them as soon as YOU are DONE!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Most definately will give them a later time. 4 whistles in I couldn't ignore anymore. Yes, I have texts set to whistle. Dogs can hear it when I am drying. When I see them all turn heads and ears up I know someone is trying to get in touch. Thanks Cyn

Comment

I always tell these kind if clients that their pickup time is based on their appointment time and though I don't mind if they drop off sooner, they will still have the same pick up time regardless.
        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
          Most definately will give them a later time. 4 whistles in I couldn't ignore anymore. Yes, I have texts set to whistle. Dogs can hear it when I am drying. When I see them all turn heads and ears up I know someone is trying to get in touch. Thanks Cyn
          Lol, my VM is set to whistle and texts are knocking, dogs do alert me when drying.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I would not use a cell phone for my business. We have land lines and we can forward the calls to our cell if the need arises. Clients never have my cell number.

Comment

My cell is my business line. I process cards, do delivery and have an app for scheduling software.

Comment

I have a similar structure for my business what I do is i tell them ill text them 15 minutes before I'm done if they're a client that likes to check in.... people will always bend the rules and boundaries and for early birds, I just say since I'm appointment based the dog may not be done 20 minutes earlier.

Comment

This helped me.....I tell everyone they are welcome to drop of anytime before their appointment, however, the appointment time is when I start working on their dog......from that point I give them the time it will take me and that I will call them 15 min before I'm done. This has eliminated the irritating situation you described. I never book more clients for the day than I have kennels so if they all showed up at the same time, it would not be a problem. Some people have Dr. appt to work around and I try to make it as easy for them as possible.....I have a lot of retirees here in FL.

Comment

Thanks y'all

Comment

I have a block drop off time in the morning and by 11 AM. Generally when clients drop off I tell them a range of how long it'll be before they can pick up or ask them when they need the dog and will try to work with them. I will often have people give me for example 4 o'clock or 5 o'clock pick up and then call it to saying that their plans of changed and they want their dog now. It doesn't happen. It's so much easier to just be able to reminding that they told me what time they would be coming rather than me telling them.

Comment

How about the clients who think they can make up for being 10 minutes late by arriving early to pick up? They usually say something about not wanting to be late again.

Comment

Working...
                        X