At odds for what to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At odds for what to do.

I want to report a illegal IC grooming place but I'm afraid. Since I worked there and they found out it was me. Would anyone ever hire me? I couldn't put these people on my resume cause if some other employer calls asking about me when I get another job they would bad mouth me. But I just can't have a huge gap in my resume ether. What to do.

Why do you want to? Are you saying to the IRS? Is that just the issue? From what I hear there are a tons and tons of places doing today so I doubt they will get into trouble any time soon.

Comment

Probably better to move on.

Comment

The IRS knows about MISC IC salons, they will get their dues sooner or later, i imagine the employees will have to mind their p's n q's if anything after. but from what i hear it falls on the employer, HEFTY fines. I've Worked at a Few MISC IC but the only one that anyone reported on was one who abused the animals and employees, and they got the IRS and then some. Consider the Options, the reward may be a pat on the back it may be a $ reward or who knows. but I wouldn't just go around willy nilly reporting people just trying to make ends meet.

Comment

I would find another job, then report them.

Happy doing the right thing

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Even tax agency computers have a very good idea if a business of any kind is using ICs, or not. Employers have to file 941 returns quarterly, and 940 returns annually and they have to report on profit loss forms total income of the business and how much was reported out for wages, or contract labor which is 1099. By looking at a few numbers on the Schedule C or 1020, and then the 941 even their computers could predict with very good accuracy the candidate businesses, even if they were not reporting honestly. Or the lack of the 900's being filed with little payroll expense yet deductions pm them, and yet labor wages on the other p/l's, well right there a computer could pretty much determine. Ours is not the only trade where this problem exists.

I have reviewed the books of thousands of groomers as a consultant and it really is pretty easy without them telling me if they use or don't use ICs or use a mix of employees and ICs, and if they are reporting honestly or not. It is one of the things that people do when considering to buy a business, or should.
            Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

This makes sense to me. What about waiting until you are safely employed somewhere else?

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
              I would find another job, then report them.

Happy doing the right thing

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

It's probably for t he better I move on. It's already hard to find a grooming job here.

Comment

I would move on too. All this angst in the workplace is why you may one day even own your business. I like being a solid employer and I think I get better employees for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X