Question - Should I bite the bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Should I bite the bullet

dog is 5 and he is a shih tzu with balls, ive taken him to the same groomer his whole life until we got into an argument about something irrelevant so i stopped taking him there. I found another place and he bit the nice lady who was cutting him. He was pretty much at the end of the session but they asked not to bring him there anymore. So he hasnt been done in a while and his fur is now so knotted i think he needs sheepshears. The question is should i bite the bullet and take him to the people who can handle him or should teach myself to shave him. He is overall a good dog i can handle him but I cant look at that gunky face anymore its driving me crazy ! Wot should i do?

I think you know the answer, because you said that the argument was about something irrelevant. Your dog is paying the price for a disagreement between humans. Being matted and having a gunky face is not a happy way to be for the doggy. If the old groomer is willing to take him back, I would go back to her with your tail between your legs and ask her to resume grooming your dog. Being able to groom a grouchy dog or a matted dog is a skill that not everyone has.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
      I think you know the answer, because you said that the argument was about something irrelevant. Your dog is paying the price for a disagreement between humans. Being matted and having a gunky face is not a happy way to be for the doggy. If the old groomer is willing to take him back, I would go back to her with your tail between your legs and ask her to resume grooming your dog. Being able to groom a grouchy dog or a matted dog is a skill that not everyone has.
      ditto. And the fact that he was asked not to come back to the new place probably means he is hard to handle in some way. Teaching yourself to groom him may not work out the way you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretzel View Post
        ditto. And the fact that he was asked not to come back to the new place probably means he is hard to handle in some way. Teaching yourself to groom him may not work out the way you think.
        Agree with both Emma and Pretzel. Also, teaching yourself to groom him at this point, when he is so matted, is not an option. Take him to the groomer and after he is all cleaned up, if you think you can handle him, you can try to keep him in shape BEFORE he gets matted.

Comment

I agree with what everyone is saying........If she takes you back as a client, make sure you give her a generous tip each time she grooms your dog. Difficult dogs are NOT fun and time consuming. Most clients can not groom Shih Tzu's face because of the eyes so close to the nose, and the constant watering eyes and growing hair into the eyes. Also you should make sure your dog is on a 4-6-8 week grooming schedule, so it is easier on the groomer and your dog.

Happy forgetting the past

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Lots of good advice, and you will be fine.

Comment

I have taken on a few people that had a bad day and said/ did something out of character. Because they were apologetic and showed actual remorse abs respect for my ability I took then back and its water under the bridge. I love the dogs and human nature sometimes messes up

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X