Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's the relationship between groomers in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the relationship between groomers in your area?

I've heard of nasty things from others in other areas. We're pretty tight nit in my area and work together in fundraisers and benefit type things. We have a fb page and getogethers go to dog shows. It's nice.one groomer and I even work together a few tmime a month either in her van or mine when we have a few multiple dog households and split it down the middle. So I was curious if any others out there have similar situations?

I don't have many relationships with other groomers other than online which is a shame.

Comment

I wish! I would only be to happy to get together or speak with other groomers from the area but they only see other groomers as competition. Even someone as far away 25 miles in a neighbouring town has this view. This is the very reason I'm having a hard time finding a mentor in my own city.

Comment

Non-existent.

Comment

I have a master groomer I take lunch to sometimes and watch and help a little and a really cool chick who's part of the art of fur academy who crazy good with color that let me come down to her shop and taught me some good stuff,sold me stuff and gave me stuff for color and patterns.
          Attached Files

Comment

Non existent here too. I don't have time to socialize and neither do they. Unfortunately we don't have much in common, either.

Comment

There is no excuse for not knowing your fellow groomers. Everyone is busy with family, business and life in general, but everyone has time for brunch. Call a groomer up, and invite them out, with you paying the tab. You will find that they are probably experiencing the same problems, and success' with some funny stories thrown in.

I know most of the mobile groomers in my area, all great gals, all working their "tails" off. Sometimes I'm able to help them with spare parts, clippers or the use of my van (on my off hours) when in need. The best part is that I know who to refer new client requests to.

I encourage everyone to make the effort and to put the word "competition" to rest.

Happy making friends

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

"...everyone has time for brunch." LOL.

I'm glad it works for you, though. I don't need an excuse. I'm just plain not interested. There is (as far as I know) no animosity between local groomers, but also no real interest in socializing. I'm ok with that. There is a newish groomer who occasionally stops by to ask for input and advice. I'm ok with that, too.

Comment

I know a few of the local house call groomers. We used to get together, but due to crazy schedules, we had a hard time finding a good time and place to meet. I don't see them as competition, because there are so many pets in my area that one groomer could never dominate the market. I enjoyed the meetings.

Comment

I'm nice to everyone but other groomers around here can be huge jerks. I used to bathe for a lot of them and we got along and hung out. As soon as I actually started grooming, they started saying bad things about me and deleted me and blocked me on Facebook..lol so childish

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                      Non-existent.
                      Same.

When I was 15 years old I did a school job discover for a week in a grooming shop and the groomer told me sometimes they do take lunch together. I think she was lying because she's still here, she knows me and my family, and no one call me to come lol.
                      There were one guy who retired now (he sold the shop and bought an hotel) he send me some clients who couldn't drive anymore so I went to his shop and offered him chocolates. I think he was the only one nice in the area!

From what I've heard from others, I don't want to meet them anyway.

Comment

I know 2 other mobilers and we get along OK. We don't need that many clients to keep busy, so we are not close friends, but not desperate against each other and we do talk a few times a year.

Comment

Those of us who show in conformation and performance get along fine since we usually see each other out and about and have really different clientele. I express groom only and am the only one that takes walk in nail trims (on Saturdays only). 1 Offers daycare and is attached to a vet clinic and usually gets the elderly/special needs dogs and those that need to stay all day, and the other usually just does show grooms and those for her boarding clients. There is 1 shop in town that doesn't socialize at all, but they produce very poor grooms and under change on everything.

Comment

I know most of the groomers in my area and beyond. Alot I have worked with at some point in our careers. Others I know from adoption events and such. Some I'm just aware they exist and that's about it. We all get along well though and refer dogs to each other or warn each other of customers depending on the situation.
                            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm aware of and have talked to almost every groomer in my area. I do reach out especially to new grads, I do help critiquing and bits of knowledge about training clients etc. I don't share freely all the info I have paid major money to learn myself. I tend to refer a lot and base my choice on who I think will be best choice for that dog/ client in groom and handling and business set up ( in home/ all day/ flexible hours etc)/ I have a few I don't reach out to due to what I see/ hear coming out of there and cannot lie to someone about disagreeing with handling techniques.
                              The newbies are mostly just inexperienced and I wish there was someone who had reached out to me when I was new so I try to maintain friends. We are never in competition, people will choose what/ where they want based on many many things so why add stress and petty jealousy?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X