Raising prices at Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising prices at Christmas?

Strange idea but being done locally. Why not wait till January, the new year? I guess knowing holidays is pretty full you would make more money but what about possible backlash? Odd.

Maybe they think people already are in spending mode and would not "notice" price increase at Christmas time? Still, too strange; beginning of the year seems more logical to me, although I read somewhere that the best time to raise prices is in March?

Comment

Actually, I heard the worst time to raise prices is around the holidays, since most people are spending on gifts, then the first of the year is bad due to people paying off their X-mas debts. I heard that the best time is June due to the warm weather, sunny days, and dreams of vacation, making it "mentally" more acceptable than the nightmare of the holidays.

Happy choosing a sunny month

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
        Actually, I heard the worst time to raise prices is around the holidays, since most people are spending on gifts, then the first of the year is bad due to people paying off their X-mas debts. I heard that the best time is June due to the warm weather, sunny days, and dreams of vacation, making it "mentally" more acceptable than the nightmare of the holidays.

Happy choosing a sunny month

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
        Indeed! My price raises are April 1st for grooming and Jan for boarding.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I don't really see the point in raising prices?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Our electricity rates just went up over 10%, made me think twice about possibly raising but I agree not in holidays and not in coldest winter where things can be slower.

Comment

Originally posted by laurendoodler View Post

Sorry what? Prices should stay the same forever?

Comment

LOL raising prices is part of life as a business owner.

Comment

Originally posted by laurendoodler View Post

I think OP is referring to permanent price increase that is usually done yearly not a temporary one.
                  I think it depends on clientele you have/ attract. If your clients don't prebook abs you get over swamped with people mad at you for not getting fluffy done on Dec 24, then they deserve a price raise. If you have steady clientele that booked in advance then I'd wait a while.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never heard of someone doing temp prices, that would be kind of weird for services.

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                      I think OP is referring to permanent price increase that is usually done yearly not a temporary one.
                      I think it depends on clientele you have/ attract. If your clients don't prebook abs you get over swamped with people mad at you for not getting fluffy done on Dec 24, then they deserve a price raise. If you have steady clientele that booked in advance then I'd wait a while.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      This is what I do. New and random clients get raised in November/December. Regular clients get raised in March. By March I have practiced telling people the higher price and can do it with confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X