Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people bring you pictures of styles they want, like extreme ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people bring you pictures of styles they want, like extreme ones?

I get some occasionally and sometimes not to be rude I have to hide my snickers. It's like, are you sure the breed and coat of the pet you have and the one in the picture. How can someone bring in a fairly short haired mixed breed and want a teddy bear face. Really, no kidding, and have to bite my tongue and say Eddie needs to grow a much longer coat, I don't think that is possible.

Yeah, I had once black short nosed straight haired short legged shih-tzu and the owner showed me the picture of white fluffy long-legged poodely thing in Asian style trim. He wanted the same thing on his shih-tzu. Yeah, right.

Comment

Yep. This is my favorite of all time and won't ever forget the request. Turn this long nose curly haired bichon mix into this short nosed, straight haired who knows what?
      Attached Files

Comment

Y'know what? I never get pics or special requests! Only in last few years with new clients trickling in do I get request to make them look like " dynah" .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, as a matter of fact earlier this week we just had someone bring us the royal canin yorkie dog food bag (has an illustration of a yorkie in full show coat) and proceded to tell us she wanted her dog to look exactly like that dog. Exactly. But, you know, shorter. And trim the bangs because she didn't want them falling in the dog's face. She told us, "See how I trimmed the face? Like that you know, but you'll do it better." But make it look like the bag.
          Even better, her yorkie is one of those with thick, wavy, colicky hair. And had some tight matts on the hips, booty, and legs. She told us how one time her last groomer got her perfectly straight, silky and beautiful, but she wasn't going there anymore because she wasn't doing it right. We told her that to get the dog's hair as straight and silky as she was talking about, she would need some special tools and products that we don't use at corp. If the groomer got the hair straight, she MUST have used a straightener, because no drying/brushing technique would get those thick colicy waves out.
          We get pictures at least once every couple months, usually not anything we can apply to the dog they have for one reason or another.

Comment

One thing I've learned to hate about smart phones are the often not particularly helpful photographs new clients show me of previous grooms. A couple of days ago a woman pulled out her phone and showed me a lovely photo of 3 smiling kids and their freshly groomed dog. It was great of kids, but the dog was little more than a dark blob.

Comment

Sometimes we get pictures from new customers and we keep them on file, so they don't bring them again and again, and again!

Comment

I've had four different clients bring me a picture of my own dog! Haha
                He's a mutt (Schnauzer x Shih Tzu) so his coat type and build are pretty much impossible to match, but I do what I can. ;P

Comment

I had a client bring in a literal plush toy. It was a stuffed pig. She had a Pom mix. It was a weird day.

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
                    I had a client bring in a literal plush toy. It was a stuffed pig. She had a Pom mix. It was a weird day.
                    OMG Moo, how weird! Do ya have a pic of what you did to the dog to make it look like a plush pig?
                    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I remember maybe someone on this board a while ago was telling about a woman who brought stuffed toy dog that was supposed to be the same breed as her dog, and insisted the groomer cut the nails off, like, completely off, on her dog "because see, this one (the stuffed toy) does not have any nails"

Comment

Well, there was this:

This is Gizmo:

Comment

That's hilarious!!!! I love Gizmos final look - much better than the picture.

Comment

Awesome!

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
                            Well, there was this:

This is Gizmo:

This totally topped the cake!

Comment

Yes, they do. Working at their homes they might show you and entire album for every pet they ever owned!

Comment

Working...
                              X