Health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health insurance

If you have a home or mobile business what do most groomers do about Health insurance? I'm going to be working at a private shop for a short time that I wouldn't be able to get insurance through but I am also going through the process to try to get my home legally approved to do some home grooming. What options are there out there. I always worked for a corporation and got my insurance that way.

Here is a place to start.
    https://www.healthcare.gov

Comment

Yes Emma is right, and your state likely has its site on the govt healthcare related. It's pretty easy but take time to study the many options.

Comment

I tried Obama care, but they wanted 450 a month and a 12,000 deductible. That's for just me. I went to CHM, which is a healthcare share program. If your in decent health, and don't go to the Dr alot, this for me was ideal. I pay 85 a month, and you won't have to pay a penalty on your taxes if you have it.

Comment

S'love - which CHM? My premium went up to $800 a month with a $10k deductible. Must find something more affordable or ......
          Last edited by HoneyandChewiespal; 10-28-15, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schnlove View Post
            I tried Obama care, but they wanted 450 a month and a 12,000 deductible. That's for just me. I went to CHM, which is a healthcare share program. If your in decent health, and don't go to the Dr alot, this for me was ideal. I pay 85 a month, and you won't have to pay a penalty on your taxes if you have it.
            Do tell more.....CHM?
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

http://www.chministries.org/
              We looked into this too because we don't go the doctor. However, it sounds to me like you really should be a member of Christian church to take advantage of this.
              Personally I won't go there because I don't want to be a hypocrite. We're both Christians (heck, my husbands dad was an Episcopalian priest), but because of the boarding kennel, and the hours we're open on Sunday, there are no church services available that we both can attend.
              Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Petekids View Post
                http://www.chministries.org/
                We looked into this too because we don't go the doctor. However, it sounds to me like you really should be a member of Christian church to take advantage of this.
                Personally I won't go there because I don't want to be a hypocrite. We're both Christians (heck, my husbands dad was an Episcopalian priest), but because of the boarding kennel, and the hours we're open on Sunday, there are no church services available that we both can attend.
                Oh well...
                Thanks Pete....I looked it up this morning, and I agree with you and also have the boarding kennel with Sunday hours. But it seemed to me that it was more of a supplement insurance.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
                X