Opinions on doodle groom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on doodle groom?

This girl was matted back neck, lower jaw, toes, hocks, body, upper legs/ Pitts. I decided to shave what I had to and see what came out in tub. She has horrible thick thick thick soft soft soft rabbit hair.
    She is now booked every 4 weeks, but on this groom, I fear it looks very unbalanced. Muzzle too huge? Since she was growing out from shave down her feet got barely tidied, which limits the flare.
    Anyways, opinions of any kind appreciated. I only groom 6 doodles so they are not my strong suit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If anyone could show me a balanced doodle after being matted I would be shocked. I always fear matted doodles because I think they look like giraffes with their long necks and skinny stilt-legs. If the upper leg wasn't matted I would usually go for a more traditional lamb set for the legs, but you did what you had to.

Comment

OK. Brutal honesty ( but she is really cute).
      Agree that the muzzle is a bit too large to balance the rest of the shape. Take it down by about a quarter and I think you'd like it better. I love the generally look though.

The only other thing is the tail. I might consider doing something creative with the tail to balance the muzzle - maybe a reverse carrot (tighter at butt and flaring out to tip and rounded - especially since it looks like she has the type of coat the would support the weight ).

Wish I could have your talent tor a week.

Comment

It's so hard to critique your work for me because I just see these cute exaggerated stuffed animals I want to cuddle! I added a link to the first thing I thought of when I seen the pictures.
        https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a478cdbb18.jpg

In all seriousness though, the top knot does seem a touch uneven. Perhaps a little tighter on the muzzle, but I don't feel it looks off balance the way it is now. A couple sticky outies I noticed n the rear legs, but it seems with what you had to work with the owners should be extremely happy they were able to have coat left on him at all.
        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thank you, that's exactly what I like to hear, critiquing that helps me improve. I appreciate your help

Comment

You are an incredible groomer, and it really is a testament to your abilities that you are looking for ways to improve on a matted doodle groom. Going for the dramatic Asian grooming? You got it! Want a little bit more of a practical groom, I would have taken the muzzle a bit shorter. But honestly, splitting hairs here (no pun intended) it's a beautiful groom overall.

Comment

You do beautiful work. Wow...I'm in agreement with most when it comes to taking the muzzle down a bit, but the owner should also feel very thankful that you were able to save as much as you did with all the matting. Good job!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. That is beautiful! I'm guessing lots of brushing haha.

I personally would take the muzzle down a bit, but overall I think it's fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, the muzzle is a little big, but still adorable. I'm curious about something Itza. Whenever I do a asian style groom, the next time I go back to the dogs they look messy. They just don't keep that cute look. Do you experience the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                    Yea, the muzzle is a little big, but still adorable. I'm curious about something Itza. Whenever I do a asian style groom, the next time I go back to the dogs they look messy. They just don't keep that cute look. Do you experience the same thing?
                    Depends on the dog, coat and rotation. Since most of mine are Bichon Shihtzu mixes they have natural wave, but it's dry here so if they are mainly indoors, walked in town they don't get too bad.
                    She looked like this before her first groom with me and this was her afterShe looked like this when she left last time after a bath and tidy

Comment

Beautiful groom, and I agree with a bit smaller muzzle. Wish we could get some of our clients to lose the big, fluffy/clunky over grown hedge look (mainly the head). I love how you can take a matted mess and turn it into a work of art

Comment

It is fantastic, customers sure are not likely to find another in your area to do your groomers, at least easily. I agree that exaggerations are necessary, so hard to critique, but a tiny bit less on muzzle would suit me but not saying at all you did it wrong. You are very inspiring.

Comment

I love it.

Comment

So I asked owner if muzzle too big, since it's a week or so since groom. She said it wasn't ( I was surprised) and that she loved it and the flare legs ( first time I've actually styled her dog). So I will ask again at her 4 week appointment. I seen this pic on a fb group ( groomers name is watermarked on it) and love the groom and think this style muzzle is slightly more practical because of the shape, but don't know if it's as cute without fluffy earswhat do you think of the shape of this muzzle- if it would suit her?

Comment

Keep posting itaz I love to see your grooms.

Comment

Working...
                              X