Dog spends the night with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog spends the night with me

She's a regular but Jenny had to spend the night with me. Jack brings them in for Amanda the wife who is pregnant. He is on the way to pickup Jenny the Cocker when Mom called, baby is coming. He does a 180 and takes her to the hospital and they ask if I will watch Jenny. Actually we had a good time, Naz my cocker mix had his eyes on her all night. Both on the bed all night, on my right, and other my left. Mom delivered around 3 am a 7 pound girl, Fiona. He gave me $50 buck tip, I said yes.

how nice of you! hope mom and baby are doing great!

I had a similar thing happen to me once...brought home a yorkie bc the mom was at the hospital with her husband who needed emergency surgery. She told me I could leave the dog at the shop, but no way was I doing that in good conscience.

Comment

Twice here. One for a car accident and one arrested!

Comment

funny I have on staying tonight. Mom went into labor early.

Comment

If you cannot take a pet home do you put it in a boarding kennel?

Comment

Oh this has happened more than once but you do have the right to use a boarding facility IMO and charge them.
            Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Had a client not respond to calls to pick up dog finally called a friend who bad a kennel to take him after hours. Next day still no response called one of my cop clients and he drove out to the guys house and he was drunk as a skunk!! Jisnson came in paid the grooming and boarding fee i gave him the addy wjere the dog was it wasnt picked up for a week so be had to pay more fees! Je wasnt happy and called me but all I did was say Ill have *cops name* meet with us jere and we can discuss it. Je shut right up I still groomed the dog but je was always on time after that

Comment

That was very sweet of you to watch Jenny Muddy Paws. I only had this instance once with a kitty cat. Owner dropped off for regular groom and was givin a pick up time. That time came and went with no owner or phone call. We tried calling the owners all day to no avail. We went and got kitty food and and set up a litter box for her with the feeling that the owners abandoned her. The next day the owners called and apologized and said there was a family emergency and would be in to get their kitty. Needless to say they were charged for the food, litter and such plus an overnight boarding fee. I couldn't imagine despite what the family emergency not at least calling and checkin gin on my pet or seeing inf a friend or family member could go pick up.
                It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It happened to me once too. The owner called at around pick-up time to tell me her toddler had cut her head and they were at the emergency room waiting for a few stitches to be put in, so she'd be late. Very late, as it turned out. The baby had pulled her grandmother's TV down on top of her, and the head injury was a lot worse than her mother initially thought - worse than the local hospital could handle. She'd been airlifted to a trauma center 70 miles away. The mother told me later that the moment the doctors started talking about medevac planes, she forgot she even had a dog. Her sister called a couple of days later hunting for the animal.

Comment

This happened to me several times during reconstruction of our local freeway. The traffic backups were so bad no one could show up on time.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTW View Post
                      Had a client not respond to calls to pick up dog finally called a friend who bad a kennel to take him after hours. Next day still no response called one of my cop clients and he drove out to the guys house and he was drunk as a skunk!! Jisnson came in paid the grooming and boarding fee i gave him the addy wjere the dog was it wasnt picked up for a week so be had to pay more fees! Je wasnt happy and called me but all I did was say Ill have *cops name* meet with us jere and we can discuss it. Je shut right up I still groomed the dog but je was always on time after that
                      Ohmygosh, that's so sad!! It breaks my heart to think of someone suffering so much that they choose the drink over picking up their pup. I'm a recovering alcoholic so I feel a lot of pain for those who still suffer. Causes so many problems for so many people. Addiction is an evil master.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X