Hair in nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair in nozzle

Does anyone have a magic answer on how to unclog hair that is in your water nozzle on your recir system? I purchase nozzles in the garden center and have been tossing them away when they get clogged, usually about 1-2 months of use. My brother worked for many hours with air pressure and was able to loosen/clean one nozzle, but I don't have time to work on a cheap nozzle for hours. These nozzle heads do not come apart for easy cleaning. He suggests purchasing a small hose screen, but that would mean I have to take apart the hose/nozzle everyday.....any body have different view on this problem?
    Happy being unplugged

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

If you have the strainer in the tub and the filter at the pump that is collecting hair, how in the Dickens are you getting hair in your nozzle?

Petagree Mobile Spa
    www.petagreemobilespa.com

Comment

Originally posted by petagreespa View Post
      If you have the strainer in the tub and the filter at the pump that is collecting hair, how in the Dickens are you getting hair in your nozzle?

Petagree Mobile Spa
      Well.......the strainer in the tub is useless for fine hairs....it catches hair but there is always some that get through the large holes. The filter in the back of van also catches some hair, but I'm still having hair get through to the nozzle. May be the type of nozzle I'm getting is wrong......very tiny holes around the nozzle end......is there a different type of nozzle with larger holes, yet still provide a gentle spray?

Happy searching for a better solution

Comment

I use an adjustable knob and coupler from plumbing department on the end of my hose. Doesnt rain like a shower but can be adjusted to whatever pressure you want. After you flushing system just leave knob in open position to allow it to air. Can send you a pic via email

Comment

I don't know if you have access to your pump, but if you do just put a cheap nylon knee high over it. I get two for .33 cents.

Comment

I also use a knee high

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
              I don't know if you have access to your pump, but if you do just put a cheap nylon knee high over it. I get two for .33 cents.
              No, the Super Sudser bathing system in my WGT is embedded into the interior of the van, so I've never seen it. :>(

Happy purchasing a new nozzle

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                No, the Super Sudser bathing system in my WGT is embedded into the interior of the van, so I've never seen it. :>(

Happy purchasing a new nozzle

Dolly,
                If you have a wagntails van, and I know u do - the pumps are very accessable in the back of the van underneath the snaps. Your filter on the super sudser is clogged, unscrew the filter, clean out the hair, screw it back on, put a towell underneath the filter when you take the cover off. Hope that helps.

Petagree Mobile Spa

Comment

Originally posted by petagreespa View Post
                  Dolly,
                  If you have a wagntails van, and I know u do - the pumps are very accessable in the back of the van underneath the snaps. Your filter on the super sudser is clogged, unscrew the filter, clean out the hair, screw it back on, put a towell underneath the filter when you take the cover off. Hope that helps.

Petagree Mobile Spa
                  Yes, I clean out and scrub this filter every night...........but I'm still getting hair into my nozzle's fine holes....I'm going to put in a new screen today. I was thinking that there is some other mechanism under my tub that sucks the water out through a "sump pump" type apprentice before it goes to the back of my van. Maybe this is all that is to a bathing system ??.....I'm use to seeing the kind you put into a tub.

Happy scrubbing EVERY NIGHT

Comment

I hear ya Dolly. The filter screen does not catch all the hair and the nozzle in the tub gets restricted. I have been battling with this for 7 years. I have a supply of nozzles from Lowes, Gilmour brand. They are $6 and I just swap em out.

I have sucessfully de-clogged the nozzle a few times. You need to remove the rotating selector piece, then take a sharp pointed pick, smaller than an ice pick and blow your HV on the sprayer side to push the hair toward the opening in back and try to pull up the hair with the pick. I find it makes it easier if you wet the clogged hair first. I have no time to mess with it so I toss em.

My groomers are trying a different nozzle setting, like the flood setting which does not have those pin holes that become clogged.

Comment

Working...
                    X