Poodle Feet Fear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poodle Feet Fear

I am training a one time bather into assistant position and her biggest fear is not scissoring, patterns but Poodle feet. Some groomers start training with them, but I had to delay a little. She is getting used to coat removals and more courage for "poodle feet." You never know. But we can laugh about it.

I was too! But I got over real quick. That and clipping black nails.

Comment

My biggest fear was ears! When I first started trim work I was terrified if slicing a piece of ear off while trimming the hair. Although, poodle feet are intimidating. Esp on the tinies.

Comment

Hate doing poodle feet. Don't mind the actual task but I truly dislike the claw like appendage at the end of a lovely looking leg.
        Just me.

Comment

Still scared to clip black nails

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
            Hate doing poodle feet. Don't mind the actual task but I truly dislike the claw like appendage at the end of a lovely looking leg.
            Just me.
            I love it.

I love it on poodles, and I secretly love it on Shih Tzus.

Comment

We all have them, but my fear was STANDING on my feet all day. I used to be a sit down office worker before grooming. It took a couple years to adjust to standing on my feet all day.

Comment

I too hate doing poodle feet..........that's why I charge an extra $5 for doing them.....they are terribly time consuming and most poodles HATE having it done.

Happy charging extra

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I enjoy doing poodle feet but they slow me way down. Especially if I can't use my Bravmini. I love grooming but I'm so infuriatingly slow right now!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

The first clean Feet i have done was on a medium poo and then on a st poo! I think it helped me a lot to not start on a tiny poo! My fear was black nails and still!

Comment

Gosh, when I think back how dang long it took me to learn to correctly do poodle feet........aggggg......I HATED it. But I have done so many over the yrs now, they don't slow me down anymore, just another thing that is requested by poodle clients and sometimes shih, schnz, ect.
                      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I'm still new enough that it takes me awhile. I don't mind doing it but it's time consuming.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Over the years poodle feet fear, PFF, for short has been conquered more than once in my biz. You will do it.

Comment

Oh, poodle feet. As a newbie I am still struggling with these. Luckily my mentor has 3 poodles to practice on. The hair on top of the webbing kills me.

Best of luck to your bather!!

Comment

When newer groomers want a job I ask them how they feel about black nails and poodle feet to see any hidden fears.

Comment

Working...
                              X