Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swollen mouth, neck, elbow, chest, anyone seen this before ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• violet2
    replied
    Any follow up, just thinking about this dog that needs a simple vet visit. OMG

Leave a comment:

• Frenchie
    replied
    I wish they take him to the vet asap! They actually live in the city, their garden look tiny but from what I've seen, the garden is really negligec, high grass. But I remember she said he's afraid to go out since some days so maybe he got bite but it extended and it was perfectly symmetrical to each side of the front legs.
    My dog had her neck swollen once, but my mom noticed and took her to the vet very quickly. The vet didn't know if it was saliva gland or an edema, the day before our Brittany spaniel who likes to hold her by the neck have her a bad hit so we understood that was a kind of edema. And it popped itself some days after with the vet treatment too.
    But that on this dog look way more gross.
    Poor thing. You know before to left she exactly said "that's too bad, because he a really sweet guy" I know she likes her dog but money comes probably first.

Leave a comment:

• 4them
    replied
    Get this dog to a vet. My dog some years ago swelled up like this in 2 days and OMG it was cancer. But not saying that is what it is!! But this dog needs vet care asap.

Leave a comment:

• HoneyandChewiespal
    replied
    Just had one through the clinic in same condition. Was a very rare cancer. Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Cyn
    replied
    Snake bite.

Leave a comment:

• Brit
    replied
    Dogs go to the vet regardless of what hubby thinks!

Leave a comment:

• cockerlvr
    replied
    Bee sting or multiple, maybe spider bites, but that's exactly how it looks.

Leave a comment:

• Pretzel
    replied
    poor dog! I would think that it is an allergic reaction of some sort to something he ate? But I'm no vet. Could be anything. He very well may have been bitten by a spider or something, or ran through a nest of spiders and was bitten multiple times. I hope she gets him to the vet soon! Please let us know if she finds out what's going on with him. That's really weird.

Leave a comment:

• KarlaSnyder
    replied
    Yes, poor guy needs to see a vet. Could be a number of things. I'm thinking allergy (bug bite), salivary gland, or maybe fluid retention if he sleeps on that side. He's losing weight, so something is not right. Hope he gets the care he needs.

Leave a comment:

• Swollen mouth, neck, elbow, chest, anyone seen this before ?

This afternoon I had this cute poodle mix, and he was a little matted but not that much (hadn't been groomed since January). And he was swollen from muzzle (and inside the lip too), cheek, mouth, neck, elbow, to chest, nothing on back or back legs but he was skinny compared to last times.
    I told the owner, and she noticed a weird thing about 2 or 3 days ago, but she thought it was a matt.
    Myself, I only noticed during bath, when he was wet but once clipped you really see it.
    I don't think he been bitten by a bug because he has it in multiple areas. But doesn't seem to be in pain, when I touched him.
    The owner said she discuss about getting him to the vet with her husband. Great your dog is maybe suffering but you wait the husband. Since I left, I can't stop thinking as his lips are big too and he seems to be puffy inside too, so at one time it will probably stop breathe.
    Here are some pictures. Have you already seen this ? The neck is right where my hand is that is really puffy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445360329.284209.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1138878
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445360339.738079.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1138879
Working...
X