Wahl SS combs or Oster SS combs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahl SS combs or Oster SS combs

Hello I am Looking for the snap on combs for an andis agc 2 clipper. I researched little bit on this forum and Google lot of people have suggested wahl SS combs. I didn't see much about Oster SS combs. I wanted to see if you have to suggest one can you let me know which one would that be ? Oster seems to have from 1/16 - 2 inch combs. Wahl has 1/8 - 1 inch combs. That is the difference I noticed. I don't know the durability and quality of each.

I purchased the wahl set, then years later I purchased the oster combs individually just in the longer sizes. I think my most commonly used combs are the 2, 1 and 0 guards. The osters 1.5, and 2 inch come in very handy at times, but I do not use them on a daily basis.

As far as quality, the wahl have stood up well for everyone in my salon, I haven't had the osters long enough to say. Only thing is the longer oster combs flex and move more (but it makes sense).

Comment

Thank you Kaida714.

Comment

No problem, hopefully someone else can chime in more about the oster combs

Comment

I can't say anything about the Oster combs, since I've never used them, but I do really love the Wahls. they are very sturdy and don't rattle or jiggle around while attached like some others do. I'd really like to know about the Oster combs as well since they offer a few more length options. (Not like anyone where I live could commit to having 2 inches of coat to upkeep though)

Comment

Wahl. Oster have the longer lengths but it's rare that you would ever use them. The wall are workhorse combs

Comment

I have used both, started with the Wahl, but kept having to replace the one I use the most. The issue was the little curved pieces that attach the comb to the blade. They would bend, then eventually break when putting them on or taking them off. I also had one that kept grabbing hair, so that I had to keep removing it to clean it out - not desirable especially when you are a cat groomer.

About 5 months ago I purchased the Oster set, mainly because I wanted the longer lengths in order to do my Mom's hair, LOL! The first thing I noticed was that the little clips that attach the comb to the blade are much stronger. They do not bend at all, so they should not break off. The combs themselves glide through the hair just as well as the Wahl ones, so I am happy.

P.S. Mom is also happy with her clipper comb cuts! :-)

Comment

My oster comb set have some rough edges, and I have cut my hands on them (but not a dog). They also rattle if I use a 30 under them but do not if I use a 10. I do like the option of the longer comb lengths.

I typically use my Bravura for guard cuts but if I use my regular clippers I use my wahls unless I need a longer length.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiff View Post
                  My oster comb set have some rough edges, and I have cut my hands on them (but not a dog). They also rattle if I use a 30 under them but do not if I use a 10. I do like the option of the longer comb lengths.
                  Mine don't rattle or have rough edges and I am only grooming cats which would be more sensitive to both of those things. I don't use anything longer than a 1.5" comb on a cat (did one yesterday as a matter of fact). As I said before, I have used both Wahl and Oster. I don't have a clippervac attachment for my Bravura, so I don't use it for comb cuts.

Comment

We have both because Oster has some oversizes which come in real handy.

Comment

Finally got the oster. I really like them. If anyone is thinking about these. They are really handy if you need long combs.

Comment

Love both but mostly buy the Oster as a backup and those extra large are really handy sometimes.

Comment

Love the Wahl SS combs for my oversize Tpoo, easy to clean, stable in terms of build, and slide on my Bravuras easily. I'm aware one uses a different set for A5 type clippers but imagine the Wahls for those are equally good. I would love to also use the longer lengths available in the Oster combs, but don't know whether the Osters will work with the Bravura 5-in-1s.

Comment

I love the performance of the wahl combs, but they don't hold up for me. I got sick if replacing them, multiple singles and 1 whole set a years, ridiculous! I bought the later set. They seemed to hold up better, but are very heavy and chatter like no other. I tried to tighten the little hooks to see if that would help, it didn't. I use them over an oster blade, so that can't be the issue. I started putting a piece of paper towel in to baffle the noise. This was a pain in the arse. So I bought yet another set of the wahl combs cause they work the best. Frustrating.
                            I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
                            -Michelangelo

Comment

I agree with set of both though I like the WAHL best. But those extra large Oster are so handy sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X