Pick up and delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick up and delivery

I am "considering" pick up and delivery service for the elderly. Remember just thinking about it for this special group of people. Anyhow, my husband said just have them sign a pet waiver instead of getting the extra insurance. What does everyone have to say about this?

Not the same, but my accommodation for special clients is coming out to the car for pu & delivery. They really appreciate the personal service and it makes me happy, too.

Comment

I probably check with your business insurance holder and then your auto insurance provider if they're different and see what they say. No sense in losing your home and your business for lack of a few dollars or doing the proper paperwork.

Comment

I think it's a sweet idea, but I do have a suggestion. You may already have thought of this but just in case . . . in my dealings with elderly clients, sometimes they have a hard time remembering things. So I could be sure to give them a reminder call before picking up and before dropping off. Also, since it can be harder for them to move around, your driver may have to help them put a leash on the dog or find the dog if the dog is napping in another room. I'd bring an extra leash and collar in case their leash and collar are worn out. Sometimes elderly people don't see well, so things can get run down or worn out without them noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
          I think it's a sweet idea, but I do have a suggestion. You may already have thought of this but just in case . . . in my dealings with elderly clients, sometimes they have a hard time remembering things. So I could be sure to give them a reminder call before picking up and before dropping off. Also, since it can be harder for them to move around, your driver may have to help them put a leash on the dog or find the dog if the dog is napping in another room. I'd bring an extra leash and collar in case their leash and collar are worn out. Sometimes elderly people don't see well, so things can get run down or worn out without them noticing.
          Great tips Emma. I will be sure to pack an extra collar and leash. I spoke with my insurance company earlier about this matter. They really didn't have much to say except the cost would be more. I realized that. :/ . I guess maybe I would have to speak with legal to find out if a waiver would be sufficient or even hold ground in court in the event something did go wrong. Still just thinking about but really wanting to provide this service.

Comment

Another thing to think about is having the dog properly restrained in the car. Either have different size seatbelt harnesses or crates that are properly ties down. In case of an accident. Charging a little extra will help offset the additional cost of insurance which you should get.

Comment

I have one elderly client that dosnt drive. She is about 2 miles from my salon. Insurance said as long as dog was restrained (I use a seat belted in crate) that 2 miles would not increase my coverage and yes it would cover the dog. I pick up and deliver this dog every other Fri. I have always done this for elderly that no longer drive...BUT in can cut into your grooming time on the pick up part (I am HB.....drop off is done when I am done for the day). I always call her the day before and give a appx pick up time (30 min window due to other client can put a kink in best laid plans, lol). Then I call her as I start my trk to tell her I am on my way to pick up and I also call as I load dog in crate to take home. Now she would prefer I did every other Sat but if I do Fri's then I can do my banking and such when I take him home. I don't charge for this service as all I have ever done this for tip me well.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

It's a lovely service idea. And if you've got all your legal ducks in a row ( and follow the test hints provided in prior posts) you could be setting your own unique niche. Might suggest that if you have a spouse that you draft them to do pickup and delivery on Saturdays. Gives you shop time and still meets your service design.

Comment

Oh Honey, I never thought of that. I will definitely recruit him. He really want to be involved in the business. I must admit though, seniors are a fav of mine so I will miss the socialization with them.

Comment

Delivery service is very good here. Many of of the ladies I groom for like to sleep late or are not in a physical position to drop off. Pick up after I drop kids off and drop off when I am done. We moved further away 2yrs ago. It works. All pets are k enneled seperate. No kennel, no ride.safety first.

Comment

If it works in your schedule you can always ride along for the drop offs/ returns and catch up with people then. By visiting at the end of the day you may not feel as rushed.

Comment

CAREFUL the waiver you mention many NOT be legal. You CANNOT make ANY customer sign away consumer rights for state laws.

Comment

Violet2 I am in Canada. I'll be speaking with my insurance rep again this week and I'm going to come right out and ask her if she knows if a waiver will be legal. Depending on her response I may have to look into it further.

Comment

In my consult with maddie and admin I remember they told me, do all your pickup and delivery on a set day. Then, pick them up all at once and return all in same day. Not driving around like crazy. Pick up 5, groom 5, return 5 all in one roundtrip, OMG it made sense and for the comfort and convenience of pickup and delivery no one said no. It worked awesome and you spend minimum mileage and minimum gas and labor. Awesome.

Comment

I spoke with my insurance agent today and she gave me the cost for this service. She also said that a waiver would be legal but I could still be taken to court. That doesn't mean I will lose, it just means I would have the inconvenience of going to court along with anyone else they decide to pull into it. In the spring or later when I can justify the extra cost (and charge for it) then I will partake of this opportunity. P/U and deliveries on one day does make sense, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X