Is Florida still reliant a lot on seasonal demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Florida still reliant a lot on seasonal demand

I know for years grooming was more seasonal with the winter birds travelling to Florida and increasing demand. But has Florida grown to the point where there is plenty of demand year round and less seasonal? It seems like the help wanted ads here are filled year round.

I am NOT looking forward to "season" beginning. I have one snowbird just arrived last week. Others have called to tell me when they will be here and make sure they are on my schedule. They have learned (in the past) if they don't contact me at least 6 weeks before they get down here, they may wait a long time, or not see me at all.

I am booked thru the holidays right now. I get new calls everyday and refer most of them to others. I accept very few new clients. I also have cut my area down, yet, I still turn down work almost daily.

I'd say, NO, FL isn't dependent on the visitors to keep us busy. I recently heard that 300,00 new residents are moving to FL annually

sittingpretty

Comment

There's a crunch during season but I've had, maybe , 7 to 10 slow days ( that means 6 or 7 dogs) since last Easter. If the traffic is any indicator then we never have to rely on seasonal traffic to keep busy.

Comment

No for me! I am busy all year except the last couple weeks of August and 1st week of Sept. Honestly, by then I am grateful for a slow up and usually vacation then. When my northern folks come down it gets crazy! Many call ahead from wherever to get on the book which is refreshing to have someone listen to you when you tell them to book 3 weeks before they need it.

Comment

I see Florida has the most job openings or about tied with California.

Comment

Sounds like a competitive market, does that mean there is more price shopping or price discounting if there are too many groomers in some areas?

Comment

Yes, I think there will always be price shopping here and everywhere. someone will always think discounting their price will keep them busy, in some cases it will. But quality will always be in demand.

sittingpretty

Comment

Working...
              X