Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another of the blessings of being a groomer. People we meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another of the blessings of being a groomer. People we meet.

I've had some health challenges recently. One of the many blessings of being a groomer is that through work, I get to know all sorts of people. When I was in the ER yesterday, I was texting the whole time with a client who is a retired doctor. She kept up with every step of the treatment, and even called the ER to check on me. Her brother is the former head of an ER at a big hospital. Since I got home, she's been emailing me information so I can take care of myself better. She's going to look at my test results and share them with her brother, so it's like I have a medical team. I am so very blessed. Have you met amazing people through grooming?

That's fantastic. I have nice customers too. It's amazing that my plumber, ac, electrical guys are all customers and I get great suggestions for efficiency and nice discounts or no charges on repairs.

Comment

Yep, had a bout with a long over looked skin cancer in the middle of my forehead. Since it had went unnoticed by my MD for so long it was deep and wide.....required plastic surgery to remove correctly and of course insurance wouldn't pay for a plastic surgeon. One of my clients paid my entire bill for the procedure.....no strings attached. ....she comes every month and hands me her groom fee before she hands me her dog.
      We do meet some special people!!!!!
      And I thank God they are in my life,.along with my wonderful hubby EVERYDAY!
      Last edited by Cyn; 10-11-15, 11:18 AM.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Emma123, sorry you're going through health issues-as am I. Helping me through all this are my 2 best friends-both who started out as grooming clients. I would be lost without them and thank God every day that they're in my life.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I read around the web of groomers constantly complaining about customers but my experience is only a few percent of the customers where I have worked are bothers. Not sure why the disparity because it sounds like they way they complain there are lots of them. Sure there are some but I really like 98% of ours.

Comment

Emma I like your attitude and reminder. My grooming boss was sweet too when I started. She loaned me $1500 for dental surgery when I first started. She knew I was in pain. No interest either.

Comment

There are some lovely people out there. For the most part I believe that's most people who love their pets ( especially those who take care of them on a regular basis ) are people who have the ability to care about something/ someone other than themselves.
              It's the small minority of crazy/ rude/ disagreeable people who we often post about. Maybe it's because they are the general exception that they stand out so much.

Comment

I have many lovely pet owners, definitely feel like I am part of their families. They bring treats for us even not during the holidays.

Comment

Working...
                X