Question about Petco Productivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Petco Productivity

Hi I was just wondering if the Petco productivity program was a district wide or company wide initiative. We are expected to do 30-35 dollars an hour. If we do not make this we are then put on improvement plans if we don't make them. Thanks in advance!

That seems a little high, unless you have established busy salon with clients who upgrade. I remember it was $25/hr for stylist, but it was 2-3 years ago and we were not allowed to do bath dogs since we had bathers then. Now, I understand, there are no bathers, so if groomer has to do bath dogs, productivity numbers go down…So glad I am out of there!
    Sorry, could not answer your question, just marveling at corporate greed!

Comment

It is company wide. Same numbers across the board if I understand it right.

Comment

So groomers in Arkansas are expected to make what the groomers in Connecticut make...crazy.

Comment

That's what we're expected to do as well. I am a very newly minted groomer so I make sure to only groom 2-3 dogs or so a day and fill the rest of my day with baths. I always offer shampoo upgrades and nail grind upgrades so with my average ticket price a bit higher I usually manage to make my goal. I very rarely leave work early and I often stay late to accept last minute dogs though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, upgrades to get ticket higher, pack in bath dogs since they take less time, and offer nail trims toothbrushing or a brushout while they're there anyway.

Comment

yup groomers 30 and grooming managers 35.. but thats not 30/hr commission, its sales (just in case anyone thought otherwise)

Comment

Pariss is correct (as of a year ago at the short corp) if do do a beagle bath and a nail trim an hour, you should be fine. It's a sales goal, not a commission goal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is very reasonable.

Comment

Thank you everyone... I appreciate the feed back

Comment

Originally posted by violet2 View Post
                      That is very reasonable.
                      I agree... I originally thought it was $30 commission goal, which is steep... But a $30 sales goal is very reasonable, and not a single one of my groomers, not even my brand new baby groomer, would be happy making only $30/hour sales. They definitely strive for better.

Comment

I pretty much always reach my goal but it's a struggle sometimes because our grooming prices are very low on a lot of things. We just dropped our Golden Retriever bath price to under $40. Supposedly, our baths include a 15 minute brush out but I can't send out a partially done dog. I brush as much as the dog needs. No more, no less. So if a matted dog comes in I can either face angering the customer by charging the dematting fee or just devalue my time by sending the dog out the door with just the basic bath charge. It's very, very frustrating.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Under $40 for a Golden is crazy.

Comment

you have to check the condition of the coat BEFORE you accept them in. If they don't want to pay more for a matted or overly shedding dog, then they can go home. Who cares if they have an attitude, you do what you have to do and charge accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by Pariss View Post
                              you have to check the condition of the coat BEFORE you accept them in. If they don't want to pay more for a matted or overly shedding dog, then they can go home. Who cares if they have an attitude, you do what you have to do and charge accordingly
                              You have dematting and additional brushout skus for this reason. You will learn not to let people walk all over you. They pay for the service, get your money's worth. Make sure your salon and store managers know that is what those skus are for as well. That way if a customer still complains they have your back because you are doing what is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X