Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are renting a room or tables , you may not decide what the groomer charges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are renting a room or tables , you may not decide what the groomer charges.

Or what hours are worked.

If you as a business owner want to pick hours, prices, shampoos this would be considered an employee.

As you can tell I'm on my soap box right now. Just in the recent two -4 weeks about 5 job openings like this have popped up. One specifically was telling groomers that her shop policy is to be $20 lower than any competitor and so pricing much meet these goals. Give me a break people

OMG $20. That won't work long. This whole IC thing is one big pain da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Justkeepswimming View Post
      Or what hours are worked.

If you as a business owner want to pick hours, prices, shampoos this would be considered an employee.

As you can tell I'm on my soap box right now. Just in the recent two -4 weeks about 5 job openings like this have popped up. One specifically was telling groomers that her shop policy is to be $20 lower than any competitor and so pricing much meet these goals. Give me a break people
      That hurts the groomers!

Comment

There are certain clauses that allow a landlord to dictate hours. Particularly, in strip malls or other areas where it can affect the community atmosphere. Most malls require specific hours for stores. The hour requirements must be in the lease. In a lease like this, they can't require a specific person to be there though, so a renter could hire employees to sit in those hours.

My current lease requires us to have posted hours for 6 days a week and to be there during posted hours. I'm here 5 days a week grooming and have "office hours" for 2 hours on Mondays to satisfy that requirement. Sometimes my husband used to just go in for those 2 hours and do computer work. I rent space from a pet store, but we're in a strip mall and all stores are required to be open 6 days, so it applies to me as well.

Check out the walmart in store lease manual for other perfectly legal rules. Commercial leases can be very strict.

Comment

Working...
        X