Best tip to improve grooming speed yet maintain safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tip to improve grooming speed yet maintain safety

Anyone have a tip to share please and we can collect a bunch of them in one place. Thank you!

I saw that other thread about being obsessive, well thought of as being, and I don't mind if people think I am about my tools! Keep shears and blades sharp and accurate, and maintain your clippers. I wouldn't say I overdo it but it may look that way to some but I find my grooms go faster.

Comment

If an all in one product works, use it whenever you can. Saves time. We love quadruped all in one.

Comment

Cool!

Scrapbook your ideas. I have printed out blog posts of Parti, Mary and others and put in a binder as well as messages on this board. I will probably print this thread too and keep a grooming tip book. I keep it at work and since I have employees put the tips in their employee handbook.

Comment

OK Admin wants to add one that was given to me a few years ago by a groomer who said this works. If you have a ramp on your tub, it is likely metallic, gray or black. If so, get some yellow or white plastic tap and give the full ramp some stripes and stripe the sides. Some dogs just don't see these solid colors well and get apprehensive stepping onto a ramp. Apparently the stripes give them some boundaries they can see better and accept ramps more readily.

Comment

Thanks some good ones already.

Comment

Only preclip if you absolutely have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                OK Admin wants to add one that was given to me a few years ago by a groomer who said this works. If you have a ramp on your tub, it is likely metallic, gray or black. If so, get some yellow or white plastic tap and give the full ramp some stripes and stripe the sides. Some dogs just don't see these solid colors well and get apprehensive stepping onto a ramp. Apparently the stripes give them some boundaries they can see better and accept ramps more readily.

Home Depot tomorrow for yellow duct tape. Love it Thanks Admin,

Comment

Do nails AFTER the bath when they are softer and the pet is usually not as anxious about life.
                  Organize your clippers with snap on combs before each groom. That way you don't have to change combs just pick up the second clipper.

Comment

Don't stop to answer the phone....let it go to VM.....call them back......some clients are lonely and will visit an hour if you let them..
                    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I put ear powder in a small, wide mouth jar, then all I have to do is dip my fingers in it, instead of trying to squirt the powder it into the ear.....most times the powder would get stuck in the small nozzle of the container and I waste time hitting the container to get the powder to come out.

I use a twist and lock pump dispenser for my liquid ear cleaner.......saves time from opening the bottle top and wetting a cotton ball.....this way, all you do is place a cotton ball on the top dispenser and push down a couple of times and the cotton ball is moistened with cleaner.

The Andis company gave me a small towel with a rivet in one corner for hanging......I have it in my van, close to the tub and it's very convenient to dry my hands on.

Happy saving time

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Fill a snap top container with gauze squares an then fill with liquid ear cleaner. The squares are just right for cleaning ears and they don't get too small to get lost.

Comment

Episode 25 of The GroomPod has a lot of great tips. I love this podcast and look forward to it every week!
                          http://susythegroomer.podomatic.com/?p=2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                            I put ear powder in a small, wide mouth jar, then all I have to do is dip my fingers in it, instead of trying to squirt the powder it into the ear.....most times the powder would get stuck in the small nozzle of the container and I waste time hitting the container to get the powder to come out.

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                            I like this one, Dolly. I sometimes squirt powder on my fingers instead of directly in the ear, if there is not too much hair to begin with, but this would be even better!

Comment

Towel dry as much as you can. I apply pressure and get as much water into the towel. When drying, always place a dry towel on table to catch blowback to speed up the drying. Nails right after the bath like what was said above. The nail is at its softest after the bath. If you Dremel, it cuts the dust down greatly.

Comment

Working...
                              X