January Cruises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Cruises

Wondering if anyone from this Forum has gone on either of the January grooming cruises and, if so, what feedback could you give us?

Worthwhile to go on? Learning anything (like we do at the conferences) or just playtime? Restful post holiday break from the preceding madness?

Really wondering if it is worth doing that instead of Hershey.

One of my groomers went about 7 years ago. There were some instructions as I remember, and she mentioned them, but she talked more and more about the groomers she met, the port excursions and the food. So I wouldn't say instruction and learning is the number one reason to go. Go to have fun and relax with the cruise is probably the best motive.

Comment

We've gone on several and they are always fun. There is enough "education seminar" to meet the requirements for being a "business expense". But mostly we are going for the fun and relaxation. I like taking cruises, they are a nice way to travel. Now...I need to talk to Barkleigh about getting a cruise or two that leaves from the West side of the United States. It's tough to always have to pay for the additional airfare. Cruise ships leave from California, Oregon, and Washington too, don't ya know! Grin!

Anyway....yes! Go and have fun. You won't regret it!

namaste....dogma

Comment

After reading Frenchie's big dog thread I found this one, and thought, this is what Frenchie needs right now.

Comment

I also know someone that went. You have to check to see who "the guest stars" are on the cruise, if any, who then give some classes. But I think the vacation side of the trip is the most important. A cruise will never be able to compete with all the education at major trade shows. Have a great time if you go.

Comment

Can't we have an Internet group only cruise???

Comment

I would miss my dogs so much, I know, take a break but I would. I try to take them on every vacation.

Comment

Honey, You and Frenchie meet up and go on this cruise cause you both need it. It's a blast. Went on several 15-18 years ago. We should all go. We work hard and we all deserve one.
                Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Oh some day I would love to cruise with groomers. Too early in my career to afford.

Comment

What ? There's a cruise special Groomers? No way I groom a dog during my holidays lol! But if they learn how to correctly sit, or stand and do massages that's what I need! And if Jamie Dornan (even if he's not a groomer guest lol) is a guest star (no if he's the guy who does the massage) I'm all the way going!

Comment

Working...
                    X