How many students were in your grooming class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many students were in your grooming class

A friend of mine and I were talking the other day and she mentioned her grooming class had 18 students. This was 6-7 years ago. Made us wonder whats really typical. I've heard that 8-15 was pretty much the normal . I know the community college instructor and she does classes of 20++ and she's never actually groomed professionally. (Yeah, try to figure that one out..i guess working at a dog self serve is enough experience)

6 years ago we had classes of anywhere from 6-7 to 16+. Depended on the day of the week, month, and Whether the day or evening session. Daytime sessions had 2 instructors or more at all times. Evening had one if the class was small.
    Imperative tile was that if no instructor in the room no tools beyond d brushes and combs and dryers were allowed to be used. Anyone caught cutting anything was sent home for the day or sent to video classroom for the day.

Comment

After speaking to students from a close school over the years, 2-5 seemed to be the normal. It's funny that the students thought 5 students was too many for two instructors!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

There were 6 in mine, worked fine.

Comment

We were 2 at the start and two weeks later I was alone!

Comment

The school I went to years ago ('69-'70) had about 10 students with 2 instructors. Two new students came in every 2 weeks, and the ones who had been there for 10 weeks could offer some help to the newbies. Worked out really well.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I can see a max of 6 students for a good instructor.

Comment

I agree 4 to 6 would fit right with me. I would hope schools would disclose this number before you enroll.

Comment

I'm only going to school 2 days a week right now. I think there are about 5 of us with 2-3 instructors.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X