Bathers or Groomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathers or Groomers

Which is the hardest to find to hire in your area?

Where I work it is usually bathers that the hardest to find.

Comment

Good ones with a solid work ethic --- both are hard to find here.
      Had two great bathers - for both it was a second job at the clinic. One left to take a job at a different clinic for higher pay and is pulling back from working as a bather. ( can't fault her for that.)
      Second one can't do the entire load on her own so I have to ease up on my demands for her time as to not burn her out. Have found a college student for one weekend day and he's solidly dependable but still learning.
      Had another one for one day a week who just moved 6 hours away without saying anything until I texted to check on whether she'd be there TODAY!! Thankfully I found a fast coverage for her since I had 12 dogs booked.

Groomers - have tried to find someone for the days I'm not in snd to cover any vacation or Conference days. Second or third thing out of their mouths are demands about needing to stop by noon, not doing this or that as part of the job, or they don't hVe their own scissors or clipoers, or hey will be leaving for 6 week vacation breaks every three months.

No longer looking for groomers. Don't need the drama or angst

Comment

I would say a bit more on the bathers side because we use far more bathers and than groomers like Admin recommended. We pay our groomers well and they stay long time usually. But neither is easy to find.

Comment

Groomers but we don't have openings often. Fortunately. I have 2 (one p/t) that have been with me 7 and 9 years. Both started as bathers and I trained.

Comment

BATHERS! Hands down it is much harder to find good bathers who don't aspire to be groomers. We have one and she is FABULOUS! The only thing with her is that she has a lot of drama in her life so that affects us. But we kinda put up with it because she is that good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I find it easiest to find part time bathers, not full time, but would love it the other way around.

Comment

I appreciate my bathers. They tend to stay years longer, even I offer them training the want to stay bathers and just love the job. Go bathers!!

Comment

My boss is always complaining about finding good groomers.

Comment

Working...
                  X