Losing clients if you cannot get them in close to Christimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing clients if you cannot get them in close to Christimas

So you give them warning and they don't prebook Christmas appts and then you cannot take them. Does this ever kick your butt when they call for a Christmas appoint in December and you say sorry, and they actually move to another groomer?

I wouldn't be sorry to lose someone who has no loyalty and chooses not to head my warning about appointment times. And even if they go somewhere else it doesn't mean they won't be back.

Comment

I have this problem during the whole year. .....I tell people repeatedly to book an appt or call 3 weeks ahead. I am grateful that I am this busy so if I can't get them in too bad...they have been told over and over!
      I have people who come in 2 or 3 times a year and call when their dog "desparately needs a groom" and then get upset when I can't get to them for 2 or 3 weeks. I used to become stressed out and try to fit everyone in.....guess what....they don't appreciate it that much and will do it to you again the next time. Now I tell them what I have available and if they don't want to wait, I actually recommend them to another groomer.

Comment

And who is to say another groomer can fit them in, especially during the Christmas season.
        I don't worry about it, I refuse to work myself to death for ppl that don't listen to my warnings for holiday (or any other time) appts.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Will start posting the holiday schedule right before Halloween.
          I list the days closed, and then the limited availability days and days that are ready booked up
          Ex- closed 12/25 & 12/26. Limited availability - 12/23. Filled - 12/24.
          Will actually use calendar pages to give a graphic visual.

Comment

Those kind of people need to actually learn to book ahead ( don't let them walk out the door without their appointment card!) Or go somewhere else.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm actually booking now for Christmas. My clients that generally book every 3-6 weeks have already booked their Christmas spots. People need to learn to book ahead. I have to agree with cockerlvr, if people have no loyalty, then see ya!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is more a concern of groomers young to owning a biz. Even the loss of one customer hurts, but you have to realize with the few that put you on the rack, you can only do so much. Tell them you do have a cancellation list.

Comment

You know you lose one who's not loyal you win a new one.
                  I've been treated of bad person, because I hadn't a spot available until 1 month 1/2 to 2 months. I don't care, they are stubborn when I told them to pre-book and they don't want even if I try to explain I have many clients to satisfy and can't be everywhere at the same time, they don't get it. They think grooming a puppy party, and last ten minutes but they really know how much it last because they are here!!
                  My week before Christmas is half booked, can't fit them all in one week! And of course, I bet I'm the only fool of town to work 12/21 to 12/24 !!

Comment

I actually love working at least thru 23rd even 24th but take several days off after 25th. I just wouldn't worry about losing them, you might, but more will come just have faith in that, and maybe they will have second thoughts. If there is enough demand, maybe you can get a temp helper and at least do baths.

Comment

I work straight up to the morning of the 24th as well. But, after Christmas I take the week off and go back after New Years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                        Will start posting the holiday schedule right before Halloween.
                        I list the days closed, and then the limited availability days and days that are ready booked up
                        Ex- closed 12/25 & 12/26. Limited availability - 12/23. Filled - 12/24.
                        Will actually use calendar pages to give a graphic visual.
                        I really like this idea and will use it in my shop

Comment

Alot of times you don't actually lose the client; looking thru our client cards; those that only came in the two weeks before christmas rarely came back; we were a back up for their regular groomer.

Comment

Originally posted by edderland View Post
                            Alot of times you don't actually lose the client; looking thru our client cards; those that only came in the two weeks before christmas rarely came back; we were a back up for their regular groomer.
                            Good point.

Comment

Our holidays are booked now and probably going to run into this. We take a cancellation list. I have done the bathing thing saying I can get your dog bathed at least and that helped, but otherwise there is only so much we can do, we warned them.

Comment

Working...
                              X