Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Everyday Hundreds of Dogs Get Injured or Killed by Groomers, No One Cares"

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/i...328965851.html

LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) - Holly Clark took her dog, Sparky, to Darlene's Pet Salon last month. Two hours later, she received a call from her husband, telling her that Sparky had suffered a heart attack.

She rushed over to find Sparky dead.

Clark was going to have her dog cremated, but she grew suspicious. She said her dog never had a medical history, and she was alarmed by his sudden death.

She went to the Kern Animal Hospital and had a necropsy report worked up on her dog. The report shows the dog was in perfect health and that the dog died of suffocation, not a heart attack.

The groomers at Darlene's Pet Salon told Eyewitness News on Wednesday that the dog was left unattended by one of the groomers as she was giving him a bath. The dog jumped out of the tub and hanged himself.

The employees said the groomer who was washing the dog constantly had problems with leaving pets unattended. They said she took the written exam and passed, but would need constant reminders to watch over the pets she was grooming.

After the dog died, the salon's owner fired the bather....................
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Hundreds, no. Why isn't the truth enough?

Comment

I would like to know the grooming history before to say a word, does he was groomed every 6-8 weeks ? Does he been trained to be groomed ? If they can't say yes to those questions then the hundreds of injuries are most of time due to owner's neglect on their dog. You can't groom a once a year matted and dirty dog safely, but that they don't get it, if clipper cut hair, it can cut skin too. That's always groomer's fault anyway.

Comment

People Do Care, Certification Won't Solve Anything, and if One considers a kwiked nail an injury than sure its hundreds but deaths

Comment

It says injured or killed. I can totally buy injured, maybe even more than hundreds. The shop local to me constantly, and I mean on a regular basis nicks dogs when clipping them. The are well maintained dogs. I consider that injured. It's pretty bad when the reviews of a business say my dog came back with minimal nicks so I was happy.

Comment

Hi from Bakersfield!!!
            Is it possible to find out if the groomer of choice is actually licensed, any complaints history, Long story short I took my dogs to groomer Thursday for nails to be trimmed and bathed. I had never used this groomer before, 20 minutes later she calls me to tell me one of my dogs had a heart attack and is dead, I get there and my dog is dead, bleeding on all paws, both dogs were bloody from the nail trimming...my dogs are small non aggressive but she proceeds to tell me that my dog was trying to get away from her and she sid she went in the other room to get her husband who is 86 hard of hearing to assist her with my dog, she basically left my dog up on table unattended and must have fallen off table....she is refusing to give me license info, insurance info, she has shut the gates to her in home grooming business...I NEED HELP! I NEED ANSWERs

Comment

Originally posted by Darla McKinney Milne View Post
              Hi from Bakersfield!!!
              Is it possible to find out if the groomer of choice is actually licensed, any complaints history, Long story short I took my dogs to groomer Thursday for nails to be trimmed and bathed. I had never used this groomer before, 20 minutes later she calls me to tell me one of my dogs had a heart attack and is dead, I get there and my dog is dead, bleeding on all paws, both dogs were bloody from the nail trimming...my dogs are small non aggressive but she proceeds to tell me that my dog was trying to get away from her and she sid she went in the other room to get her husband who is 86 hard of hearing to assist her with my dog, she basically left my dog up on table unattended and must have fallen off table....she is refusing to give me license info, insurance info, she has shut the gates to her in home grooming business...I NEED HELP! I NEED ANSWERs
              I can assist a bit.

Pet groomers are not vocationally licensed in any US state. They may have to get a local or state license like any other business.
              You will want to get opinions of your veterinarian as soon as possible.
              I would consider having your veterinarian contact her.
              You may need to contact your attorney if she remains elusive.
              Some people report such incidents to local police or sheriff.
              Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

I wonder what really happened.

Comment

Is basic quicking a nail an "injury?"

Comment

Working...
                  X