Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which grooming association(s)?

Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 12:41 AM.

Nicole,
    I have not joined any yet, Have you? the questions you asked are great maybe we will see if its beneficial to join them, Where in central WAshington are you? you can pm me if you prefer.
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy

Comment

I am seriously considering ISCC (International Society of Canine Cosmetologists).

www.petstylist.com

Their seminars are MUUUUCH less expensive than attending Hershey and Super Zoo, plus they're very concentrated, focused, they even request that you bring your pen and note pad. OSHA has even teamed up with them.

Click here to see what seminars they offered just last November:

http://www.petstylist.com/Events/ClassicSchedule06.pdf

If it doesn't work, just go to www.petstylist.com, click "events," which will take you to the Pet Pro Classic, and then click the 3-day schedule on the right, which is what that link is to above.

You can become a master pet stylist through them, and get a lot of good info. on skin care, ear care, eye issues, etc...

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Thanks Spikey I will go check it out. I really want to take mor seminars and to be able to learn new things and I think this might be one way to do it
        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
        Nancy

Comment

I joined IPG. I got my certifications for sporting and non sporting through them. I found the testing environment really encouraging. I got to meet alot of talented groomers from all over the place; it was fun & educational. I'd really like to get my master groomer this year but need to save gas $ as there are no test sites anywhere close to where I live.

Comment

i just joined ISCC. they sent me their study guide for their testing and i was SO impressed.
            Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I belong to ISCC. I joined because I realized while in school that no school was ever going to teach me what I wanted to learn. I also know that I am very driven to be the best I can be and highly competitive, too, and I set high standards for myself. ISCC has given me the knowledge to make grooming work for me in a manner that doesn't tear up my body and doesn't impact the pets in a negative manner. I feel that I have a very solid educational background thanks to ISCC and the people I've met through them. Look at the ISCC program, written in 1990, and then look at some of the more recent books and stuff on the market. You'll see a lot of the ISCC principals and basics presented briefly there (without due credit).

I have also seen the handwriting on the wall and know that at some point in time vocatoinal licensing is going to come and I prefer to be certified with an organization that is already recognized by the US Government and has an alliance in place with one of the organizations that will impact us when licensing becomes a reality.

ISCC is a very professional organization entirely focused on education. They don't care if you *ever* certify-they want to educate you to help you become the best Pet Stylist you can be and certification is just a side-effect of the education you get-a way to measure what you're learning if you will. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, I've met associated with ISCC has really cared about my education and seeing to it that I do the best I can in their programs. I can't say enough about what their program has done for me, my skills, animal handling abilities and confidence level. I appreciate that more than you can know

If anyone is interested in joining let me know and I'll do what I can to speed the process along for you. And the Study Group in Augusta, GA is still on-going for those in the area (NC, SC, GA) who would like to attend-just let me know. My contact info is in my profile

Comment

Are there any near NJ? I was going to take classes when I go to the intergroom expo in somerset.

Comment

I am a member of a local assn. called APPGA. They send out info. filled newsletters, have regular meetings to discuss ideas, problems, anything to keep eachother well informed and educated on any subject. It is a great source of networking. I have not been very active in my own yet, bad me! They have a website to refer clients to where they can read about the groomers, and the associations code of ethics.

Comment

I think all three associations go to InterGroom, don't they?

Comment

I'm a member of ISCC. imo its the best out there. I have the complete set of study guides, all the videos that came with the membership that I paid for. Its well worth the money. My next adventure will be to order the supercoats module. at 400 smacks...it'll have to wait til spring they should be at the Atlanta Pet Fair in March if you go you can meet them.

Comment

just joined ISCC

I just joined ISCC yesterday. Now I just have to wait for everything to come in the mail. Does anyone know if you get videos or dvd's? There wasn't a spot to specify and I don't have a vhs anymore, only dvd. How long does it usually take to get all the information? Unfortanatly, unless I am working on a dog, I am not a patient person.

Comment

The only thing holding me back from working toward certification is lack of dogs. I have a poodle that I can use, but that's it. I don't know of any customers that would let me take their dog away for a weekend, and honestly, there are not alot that I would want to test on.
                          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by furrybestjob View Post
                            The only thing holding me back from working toward certification is lack of dogs. I have a poodle that I can use, but that's it. I don't know of any customers that would let me take their dog away for a weekend, and honestly, there are not alot that I would want to test on.
                            I have the same problem... I am trying to convince my husband to let me get a st.poo so I can practice and maybe enter some comp with. I just love poodles. I have all Goldendoodles and Labradoodles no real st.poos for clients... more toys and minis. The one I would love to use gets a bichon head, why I have no idea.

Comment

I'm waiting on my st poodle puppy to come home. Hes only 5 weeks old now. coming from Las Vegas. I want to compete with him, certify with him and most importantly, COLOR with him!! yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X