grooming arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grooming arm

I can't for the life of me get my clamps to stay tight on the table. Any pressure by big struggling dogs shifts them. any suggestions?
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Instead of tightening them up with your fingers, use pliers, works like a champ without having He-Man power onboard.

Comment

I'm able to get them a little tighter If I use a wash cloth or my husband mine are always coming loose from the big guys. It drives me crazy
      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
      Nancy

Comment

This is the bane of my existence. Even when I use pliers sometimes mine come loose...and they come loose like all at once and the bar is crashing to the ground. Sometimes when I am driving. Also what I hate is the screw adjustments that you use to raise and lower the arm itself. Why no one can make a device that stays secure and lasts is beyond me. If they aren't suddenly loosening up and the arm comes crashing down on the dogs head, then suddenly they become petrified or rusted into place and you can't loosen nor tighten them anymore. I have found that the grooming arms that come with two screw clamps on the attachment to the table seem to do better than the ones with just one, if you haven't tried those yet. And here is some advice. stay away from the cheap-o master equipment arms from pet edge. They are not even worth what little they cost. The one I got from there actually had a plastic table attachment device...just really bad. The one grooming arm that I had that actually worked long term was irreversibly bent recently by a wild larger sized dog. Now I just hope for the best.

Comment

I have to disagree (just this once) with FurElite regarding the cheap-0-master equipment brand arms.

I don't like ANYTHING of that brand --but-- I got their foldable grooming arm and clamp and it's the BEST I've used. That clamp is strong and doesn't move for nothin'. It's a large, flat clamp, it just works realllllly well.

Other than that, I avoid that brand like the plague.

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Hmmm...

I have not had that problem yet with my grooming arm, but then again I have not gone mobile yet! Maybe it's the driving that shakes it loose? If that ever happens to me I will definately think up some kind of alternative. I don't have a trailer yet, but off the top of my head I am thinking that I would attatch something sturdy to hold my grooming loops from the ceiling or side wall.

Comment

My girlfriend has a table that the arm goes through the table. That is "NICE". I will have to have my hubby make them super tight for me. Glad I am not the only one with that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                My girlfriend has a table that the arm goes through the table. That is "NICE". I will have to have my hubby make them super tight for me. Glad I am not the only one with that problem.
                My portable table has the arm that goes through it. I have to carry pliers with me because sometimes I tighten it too much and can't get it back out to fold up the table.

Comment

spikey...i haven't tried the folding arm. I got their cheapest, standard arm which I guess should have told me something, but it is really cheap. Maybe i should try that folding arm. That would be convenient.

Comment

Maybe I will have my handy dandy dad make me a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fur Elite View Post
                      spikey...i haven't tried the folding arm. I got their cheapest, standard arm which I guess should have told me something, but it is really cheap. Maybe i should try that folding arm. That would be convenient.
                      It really has been quite reliable, and the dogs are not able to loosten it. I mean, like anything, YES, on RARE occasion it needs to be tightened, but that's after maybe 1-2 months of use, then I tighten it. I don't fold it up or down, it just happened to be a folding grooming arm that wasn't el-cheapo (I too have the one you were talking about, they STINK!), but this one is pretty darn good, ESPECIALLY the clamp.

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

What kind is that?

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                        What kind of table has the arm though the table? I don't remember seeing one like that.

Comment

somebody had mentioned to me something about putting a 8' peice of chain on the arm so that you don't have to adjust the arm itself up and down, you shorten and lengthen the chain. I haven't tried it, as I'm not 100% sure where on the arm she put hers. She says it works though.

Vicki

Comment

When I used to have clamps I would use a peice of shim under the table and that would hold the clamp tighter. Now I have a Lipps system and it is bolted to the table. Like Vicki says a piece of chain works great. Then you don't have to keep raising and lowering the bar.

Comment

Working...
                            X