Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most embarrassing thing you've done while grooming?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the most embarrassing thing you've done while grooming?

    I have a propensity for mortifying myself fairly regularly.

    A large amount of situations, of course, include at my job.

    What disconcerting things have happened to you guys??
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

  • #2
    I was rocking out to an 80's station while grooming a cocker. I put my hair in the side pony tail and was dancing and singing....the customer came back 20 minutes early and I didn't know they were standing there watching.....derp.

    Comment


    • #3
      I once reached under a dog to check it's gender/neuter status--in front of the owner! She was mortified. I tend to forget that other people don't typically handle dogs so, ahem, personally. Lol

      Comment


      • #4
        a man and two little girls picked up their maltese and before i could warn the dad that the dog was in heat, the little girls picked her up and were cuddling her all happy... til one of them got a smear of blood on her arm. she freaked out, and dad was just grossed out as i tried to delicately explain that she was in heat... all the while, the kids are saying "she cut our dog!" ugggghhhhh

        Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
        <a href="http://funkypuppy.wordpress.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://funkypuppy.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/fpsiggie1.jpg"></a>

        Comment


        • #5
          I grabbed wrong dog out of the cage and started walking with it to the "owner" when they said wrong dog. I wanted to crawl into the ground then.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by plaidjaguar View Post
            I once reached under a dog to check it's gender/neuter status--in front of the owner! She was mortified. I tend to forget that other people don't typically handle dogs so, ahem, personally. Lol
            hahaha I do this too like its normal!

            I told a girl at my work the dog I had on my table shouldn't have been in daycare b/c he wasn't fixed. She said how can you tell?
            So I grabbed her hand and stuck it on his balls. HAHAHAHAHHAHA the look on her face!!!!!!! Her eyes got HUGE and when she snatched her hand away she wiped it on her shirt like she'd never touched balls before. I didnt even think about it. For me it's normal to feel up dogs. I feel my frenchies grapes all the time to make sure they are dropping properly. Never occurred to me that she might not like this. She then looked at me like a molester for rest of the day. Then I started to wonder if I WAS a creeper. Seriously thought about it all day. Like am I a weirdo b/c I stick my hand under a dog to see if its male/female or neutered? Surely other people do this too. I'm a puppy molester. :-( ROTFL

            Comment


            • #7
              I have 3 of recent memory...

              One-we had an, ahem, adult entertainer apply to work. We also have a nice open window to the groom room. Our bathing area is separate and we have a French door that's always half open so we can communicate between the 2 departments easily. I was talking to a coworker in the bathing area about our newest applicant and uttered the phrase, "But, how can we hire her now that we've seen her twat??" (Lemme tell you, background checks are THOROUGH)

              All of a sudden I hear a choking sound....and then slowly look over my shoulder to see a family of 5, with 3 small children, looking through the window with equal expressions of horror on their faces.

              #2- The phone rang. It was a SUPER busy Saturday and I let the store up front get it, only to have them field it back to me telling me its my husband. At this point I'm slightly irritated because he knew it was a crazy day and I knew he had nothing important going on that day. So I answer the phone, "Babe, make it quick. I got alotta s--t I gotta get done, the phone's ringing off the hook, and people are interrupting me left and right!!"

              Pause.

              "Okayhi-thisisAndrewwithCeCeandIgotcalledintoworkandcan'tm akeour4:00appointmenttoday."

              Omg.

              #3- I had a client who kept no showing, stretching out spots, wanting me to brush out their matted disobedient mess, and generally being a pain in my rear. I was getting tired of dealing with them and was THISCLOSE to firing them as clients.

              One morning I was running late to work. I got stuck behind this clown going 60 in the fast lane. Lemme tell ya, the 65 mph speed limit is really a suggestion in CA. Usually everyone goes 75ish if not more and cops won't pull you over unless you're going 80 or more so this was really annoying. I would turn on my blinker, change lanes to pass them, and they would speed up to head me off and not let me pass. After about 3 tries of this I got pissed. I didn't signal, so as to not warn them, and jammed the gas pedal. They tried to block me again but I'd already gotten a head start and easily was able to change lanes and start going 75. At which point the car sped up and started tailgating me. I was thinking, "WTF is this guy's problem?? All I want is to go the freaking normal flow of traffic to work!"

              And then, the red and blues start flashing. Apparently the innocuous, gold, Ford Focus was an unmarked police car!

              Did I mention this client I loathed was a cop?

              I'm sure you guessed it by now, it was totally this client I disliked and he recognized my car and thought it'd be funny to screw around with me.

              Cest la vie.
              There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

              Comment


              • #8
                completely groomed a dog and then gave it a topknot with a big bow. Forgot it was a male. The owner was trying not to be annoyed. I was just too exhausted to care.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Phillypoof View Post
                  completely groomed a dog and then gave it a topknot with a big bow. Forgot it was a male. The owner was trying not to be annoyed. I was just too exhausted to care.
                  See ... this is where mine and Plaids parts groping would come in handy (no pun intended)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    im proud to be a groper, i do it probably once a day at check in. "oh, HI Gizmo, aren't you the sweetest little [grope] girl!"

                    im TERRIBLE with pet names. absolute **** memory. i mispronounce, call them something similar, or just pull a name completely out of left field. to disguise my ditzy moments, i have a veritable LIST of *unique* nicknames. or, i refer to them as Your Little Girl/Boy.

                    has anyone else experienced The Hairy Chest? this used to happen almost daily when i still preshaved. i prefer to wear wifebeaters under my smocks, which usually have a slight V neck. all it took was one black haired dog and i'd be greeting customers or putting gas with a forest of chest hair thick enough to make Austin Powers blush.



                    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                    <a href="http://funkypuppy.wordpress.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://funkypuppy.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/fpsiggie1.jpg"></a>

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by funkypuppy View Post
                      im proud to be a groper, i do it probably once a day at check in. "oh, HI Gizmo, aren't you the sweetest little [grope] girl!"

                      im TERRIBLE with pet names. absolute **** memory. i mispronounce, call them something similar, or just pull a name completely out of left field. to disguise my ditzy moments, i have a veritable LIST of *unique* nicknames. or, i refer to them as Your Little Girl/Boy.

                      has anyone else experienced The Hairy Chest? this used to happen almost daily when i still preshaved. i prefer to wear wifebeaters under my smocks, which usually have a slight V neck. all it took was one black haired dog and i'd be greeting customers or putting gas with a forest of chest hair thick enough to make Austin Powers blush.



                      Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                      I'm terrible with names too! The staff where I work expects me to remember every dog every name every cut every time. HA! Thats why computers were invented! They'll say remember that dog fluffy? what did you do on him last time b/c that's what they want this time. They are absolutely terrible about entering in the directions I give them so they are in the computer system so I'm forced to try to recall what I did. Thank god I take pix of every dog and can look at the pix and eye ball what I did the last time.
                      I have to groom a dog several times before I remember their names. People look at me like I'm a terrible person for not remembering all the dogs. I see A LOT of dogs every week. I cant recall each and every dogs name unless they are real regulars. Funny thing is I never forget the names of the REALLY REALLY good ones that are my favs or the REALLY REALLY bad ones lol.

                      Never had the hairy chest thing happen. I think that would probably gross a customer out. lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by funkypuppy View Post
                        im proud to be a groper, i do it probably once a day at check in. "oh, HI Gizmo, aren't you the sweetest little [grope] girl!"

                        im TERRIBLE with pet names. absolute **** memory. i mispronounce, call them something similar, or just pull a name completely out of left field. to disguise my ditzy moments, i have a veritable LIST of *unique* nicknames. or, i refer to them as Your Little Girl/Boy.

                        has anyone else experienced The Hairy Chest? this used to happen almost daily when i still preshaved. i prefer to wear wifebeaters under my smocks, which usually have a slight V neck. all it took was one black haired dog and i'd be greeting customers or putting gas with a forest of chest hair thick enough to make Austin Powers blush.



                        Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
                        I'm also a serial groper! (We should maybe start a group for it ) my coworkers tend to look at me funny for it.

                        I suffer from hairy chest as well. I ALWAYS wear tanktops under my smocks cuz otherwise I sweat too much.

                        Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Can't say I've had any embarrassing grooming situations, but this was the most embarrassing situation I may ever have been in. This was when I worked as a vet tech.

                          You all think YOU'RE dog gropers? Well check this.

                          Two chocolate labs come in. Need to do an AI, dogs can't seem to breed naturally. I'm sent in the room to 'collect' the male. OK no big deal, I do it all the time. The entire family is in there and they want to watch how it's done. Oh yes, there was nothing I could do the convince them to leave, so there I was 'collecting' their dog everyone bent over upside down watching me. Thank GOD it wasn't in the day of cell phones and video tapes or I'm sure I'd be a youtube star.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                            Can't say I've had any embarrassing grooming situations, but this was the most embarrassing situation I may ever have been in. This was when I worked as a vet tech.

                            You all think YOU'RE dog gropers? Well check this.

                            Two chocolate labs come in. Need to do an AI, dogs can't seem to breed naturally. I'm sent in the room to 'collect' the male. OK no big deal, I do it all the time. The entire family is in there and they want to watch how it's done. Oh yes, there was nothing I could do the convince them to leave, so there I was 'collecting' their dog everyone bent over upside down watching me. Thank GOD it wasn't in the day of cell phones and video tapes or I'm sure I'd be a youtube star.
                            hahaha yup! I've had several customers ask me about AI. How do you explain you jerk the dog off and stick the sperm in the female? wow awkward conversation!!! Would hate to have a witness to it lol sorry Cockerlvr! You are lucky there were no cam phones! Hard enough to "collect" one on one without an audience. lol. wow.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This happened about 15 or so years ago. I had a client in her early to mid 40's that only brought her dog about every 4 or 5 mths. Can't remember her name or what kind of dog she had now. I do remember however, that when she came to pickup the dog one day I looked at her as she was giving me the $$ & said, "Are you pregnant?". She looked back at me & just said,"No". I was mortified!! She had a big belly that wasn't there before & she hadn't gained weight anywhere else!!! OMG! I didn't think I could ever face her again. I did, but it wasn't easy. Lesson learned. NEVER ask that question, let them bring it up!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X