Goldendoodle,Labrodoodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldendoodle,Labrodoodle

Can someone tell me if you had these 2 dogs side by side the difference between the 2. Coat texture, length, body structure, etc. Who has the better temperment. What have some of you come up with?
    Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Well, I haven't seen a million of them, and they can be so different even amongst their own "breeds".

Golden: often longer, looser waves, and a lot softer I've found.

Lab: some I've done are tight curls, almost pure poodle coat, others I've seen have an almost wire coat, like a WH Pointing Griffon, or Wolfhound.
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I agree with you Erin. The goldens are so much softer and wavier like you said. I only have 3 labradoodles and each one has a different coat. I did notice the wirey hair on one. In fact when I saw it I thought it was a dwarf Wolfhound.

Comment

goldendoodle

This is a photo of the before groom of the largest doodle I've had at the shop. Actually, the owner loves the shaggy dog look and instructed us to only neated face, feet and sanitary. The dog, Duke, was only 11 months old, first groom and was a sweetheart. He probably weighed 90-100 lbs. and was almost as tall as a Saint Bernard we do. I would have loved to really make this dog over, he has great potential and coat was surprisingly easy to work with, just a few mats behind the ears and rear.

Deb
        Pawsitively Perfect

Comment

goldendoodle

Oops! wanted to post photo of the goldendoodle.

Deb
          Pawsitively Perfect
          Attached Files

Comment

as far as i know a labradoodle is a cross between a lab and a poodle..the ones i have groomed are like german wire hair in coat type, like it seems to only get to a certain length and is less dense, lower maintanece....the golden-doodle is cross between a golden retriever and a poodle....a much denser, heavier coat..very high maintenece in my opinion. (usually very matted, as where the labradoodle does not seem to matt as much).

Comment

What a handsome boy he is! I would be like you and want to give him a complete doo!
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Looks like a sheep dog. lol. The whole "doodle" thing has not cought on much in my area. Thank God!
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

We had our first labradoodle in the salon today. 10 months old, beautiful chocolate color with matching eyes. Big, poodlish coat and MATTED horribly!! The poor girl!
                  We had to do a #4 all over, with a few spots closer to get the tight mats off. Boy she was a pretty dog with all of her coat, but it had to go.
                  I have some pics I took of her today, I could post....

Comment

Honestly, thinking about it, I don't think I do any goldendoodles. Just Labadoodles. And one German Wirehair doodle. Now there's an interesting dog! I'll have to get pics next time he comes in.

Comment

What a Darling Doodle!

Comment

My bather refused to brush G*Doo, he said there was no way he could ever brush through the hair. The dog's hair was about 2 1/2 inches long A/O and I had to take over the blow dry. It wasn't matted at all, but still hard to brush.

Comment

There is a GoldenDoodle that comes into the shop I work at part time that has never had a haircut. The 'kids' don't want the dog to have a haircut. But they don't brush him. They started bringing him in more often but the dad takes him hunting and he smells musty no matter how well he is washed and the last time he came in had about 5 large hotspots. I refused to do the dog after the first time I did him. Not worth the money the shop is charging. So now I only see when he comes in the owner or other girl do him. They can't pay me enough for this guy! And he is huge! I feel bad for the dog. They are the pita customers.

Comment

In my last shop we had a few goldendoodles and a few labradoodles and well, personally I had a hard time telling the difference between the two.

I have seen the different coat types in both mixes and just depends on how genetics decided it wanted to be.

Just like the pair of snoodles(schn x poodle) we do that look just like most of the cockapoos we have in. The only thing that really stood out schn like on them was their noisiness!

Comment

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/poodlemix.htm
                              Here is a link for all the "oodles" Wow what a list.. The labroodles I do look exactly like the picture posted on Debs post. One is golden, One is white. The Golden gets a lion cut.

Comment

Working...
                              X