What are your good comebacks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your good comebacks??

I knew a bather (best bather in the planet) who would tell customers who had received a better price at a lower quality shop “oh well that was a good deal, maybe you should go back” and leave it at that. It pretty much insinuated, we were better and not into bargain shopping! Thought we could all brainstorm and get a whole bunch so were ready to go!!

My best one are the lady who I could just tell was not getting that her dog was going to be shaved. We were doing the I'm going to have to go short "well just leave it as long as you can." I could tell she JUST was't getting it(of corse a problem at pick up). So I finially just looked at her and said "as long as I can WILL be Really short!" OH you have to shave him. I just wanted to slap my forhead and say that is what I have been telling you for the last 5 min. But of corse I just smiled and said yes.

The other was a guy with a springer who did not like his last groom and wanted to do somthing different. OK no problem. EXCEPT he would not for the life of him tell me what he DID want or what he DIDN'T. After going around in circles for a while I finally just said "if you won't tell me what you want or don't want I can't garentee that I can make you happy!" Bout gave one of our bathers a heart atack talking to a client like that. But the guy stoped for a second and thought and told me exactly what he wanted and love it. The funniest part was I did the exact same thing and this time it was great. But the look on the bathers face was priceless.

Comment

Only to the "nice" customers that KNOW you and KNOW your work ethics, when you suddenly have to shave their dog:

"It's like any bad haircut, it'll grow back!"

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

This was not one of my shinning moments but.......I have this client who is ALWAYS late ......this one time she was 40 minutes late and was throwing a fit because I wouldn't take the dog ....She screamed at me " Well my HUSBAND was suppose to bring the dog and he forgot!!" I asked her.... ......." When did your irresponsible Husband become MY problem?" She's actually very nice to me now which surprises me , I expected to never see her again. I didn't mean to be rude but man some people just don't care how late they are.

Comment

No 20%

A woman who brought three dogs in to my salon once relayed to me that her past groomer gave her 20% off on the grooming fees because she had multiple dogs. She said 'are you going to do the same for me?" So I said "I sure am!! What 20% of each dog do you NOT want groomed"?

Comment

I had a woman tell me how much cheaper the "shave shack' down the road charged, they only do shave downs, I asked her if she wanted me to strip her dog, and she looked shocked, I said "yup , that's what you'd get for that price"
            I also told another clieent that ot charge that little I'd have to use liquid soap to wash the dogs, not the all natural, non toxic, human grade, luxury shampoo I use now, followed by, "Do you think that's why they are so less expensive??" let her ponder that one...lol

Comment

when i worked corporate...

when i worked corporate there was this bather who refused to do this aggressive, over sized dog. he was mean, i don't blame her. so she called the owner and told him to come pick the dog up because she couldn't even safely get him out of the kennel. while on the phone with the outraged owner, she was like "uh huh", "yeah ok", "and..."... then all of a sudden out of her mouth was "yeah well your big, scary dog isn't worth my 8 bucks an hour!" and then she hung up on him.... i honestly don't think i've ever laughed so hard, mainly because she was right, some dogs aren't worth it.

Comment

One day a customer showed up early to pick up his dog. While the other groomer was finishing the dog I was chatting with the guy while working on my dog. He asks "Is there something I can use on my dog to keep him from getting matts??" Without thinking or even pausing I answer "Yeah...a brush". 2 of my employees had to leave the room they started laughing so hard. The dog has not come in matted again.

Comment

my fav was yesterday lady comes walking in and says i am afraid she will poop on your floor, I said well is she a little nervous she says no she just has'nt gone yet today and I didnt know where to take her to go ( My shop is surrounded by a driveway and 2 huge fields) Come on lady

Comment

We basically wrestled 2 giant schnauzers today. They were brothers who were about 9 months old. The owner said a few times that the breeder was in the guinness book of world records, lol. Well the owner came back and my helper told her that the boys were unruly. The owner said they are starting obedience class tomorrow and my helper said, "I should hope so".

I hope they never come back lol. Or I will raise their price. I must of pulled some chest muscles too, it still aches.

Comment

It wasn't my come back it was the customers.A man came in to make an appointment I asked him what kind of a dog is it.His reply was he's a sooner.I asked him is that some kinda hound? He said no the sooner it dies the better it's my wifes d--- dog.

Comment

ROFL!!!! Those are really funny.

I can't think of any I've said to a client. I usually come up with something AFTER the client leaves. I'll have to remember some of these for the future.
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

about 4 mo ago a guy(who my bather had a crush on)brings his 2 chows in i asked are they getting shaved he says no chows arent supposed to be shaved,i said the ones that have never seen a brush or comb in thie life do,he just looked at me weird,i said your dogs are a matted mess unless i can sheve i wont accept them,they were both 10 and never been to a groomer i sent him and his dogs home

Comment

Good grief!!

Originally posted by rainingcats&dogs View Post
                            about 4 mo ago a guy(who my bather had a crush on)brings his 2 chows in i asked are they getting shaved he says no chows arent supposed to be shaved,i said the ones that have never seen a brush or comb in thie life do,he just looked at me weird,i said your dogs are a matted mess unless i can sheve i wont accept them,they were both 10 and never been to a groomer i sent him and his dogs home

Jeez o man! I can't believe that chow guy! lol I am so glad you said that to him, too, even if he didn't get it.

Anyway, the funniest thing I ever said to a client was, an elderly man and woman were picking up their dog and the man was clearly a leg-puller from way back. He half-jokingly said, "Howcome it costs more to get his haircut than mine?"

I said, "Well, we wouldn't have to shave your butt and if we told you to be still you would."

He was cought off guard for a moment but then he smiled and said, "I might wiggle a little bit!"

I was pretty sure he wouldn't be offended, but I'm so glad my boss wasn't there! She would've had a LONG lecture waiting for me! lol

Comment

I had a whole male mini poodle that wouldn't stop humping my arm the entire groom. It actually made quite a large "mess" on my table and arm. When the owner (woman) came to pickup the dog, I told her that the charge should be $100 because of the "happy ending".

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X