Blowing coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing coat

I live in the norrtheast and was just wondering if anyone else has been getting dogs that are holding unto their coats for dear life. Alot of the dogs up hear are coming in with coats that are half blown out and actually need to be brush and forced dried to even get it to release??? Even my own dog who has been beautiful and a dark brown all her life is turning orange and holding onto her coat and this has never ever happened in her 5 years. I dont get it does anyone have a clue as to why this may be happening??

We haven't experienced that problem. Down here (extreme southern Illinois) the dogs started blowing coat in late February. Most of them are done, with the occasional dog that's old and holding on to coat for dear life.

Don't know what would be holding things back unless you've had a lot of really cloudy, rainy, dreary weather. Shedding is triggered by light, which is why indoor dogs shed so much more than outdoor dogs.

Comment

I misread the title, I was expecting to read about a "bowling goat"...lol

Comment

Well let's see.........where do I start..........Oh yes,the beginning!
        There is a city in the Northeast called Buffalo and I happen to live there
        (what a coincidence!).In the winter it becomes very cold,so cold that if you eat popcorn,it will chip your teeth! This very bad cold weather lasts until August of the following year and makes everyone angry. A long time ago there was a dog,let's call him Ollie(for namesake only) and he decided to keep his coat during the cold weather,while all the other dogs turned their coats in for snack foods and bathing suits. Well guess what.... Ollie was soooooo toasty warm in the cold weather that ALL the other dogs did the same the following year and EVERYONE was happy.UNTIL......it got warm,
        no one would give up their coats because they knew it would get cold soon
        but this particular year it stayed warmer for a Looooooooong time and EVERYONE wanted to get rid of their nasty coats....and they did. A very smart human named"Stephen" offered to store the coats until it got cold again so that all the dogs would be happy. To this day,whenever it is cold or dismal,"Stephen" opens his shop and hands out all the coats to keep everyone warm and takes them back into storage when it gets warm again. Thus a happy ending to ALL our friends!

Comment

Oh yes...........the "Bowling Goat"...........he moved to Myrtle Beach and found out there was NO BOWLING,he gave up bowling and now works in a can recycling plant (where he gets to eat 20% of the profits) but also co-owns a storage unit for winter coats and lives in a modest home on a beautiful golf course(with a bowling lane in the basement where he rents to social groups)

Comment

I am NE too but the ones that I am getting are never finished blowing. lol
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Bowling Goat?

That would be in off topic, haha

Comment

Climate Change........

Comment

Yes, climate change. The one we go through every year. My dog had it 30 years ago, and my grooming clients have it now. It's called Shedding and it's a pain in the bum! But if you have a GREAT HV dryer, it'll pull that coat out.

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

rofl

hilarious!!

Comment

Working...
                    X