Looking for a rep. St. Poodle breeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a rep. St. Poodle breeder

On the East Coast. One of my friends is looking for a St. and all we have around here are puppy mills that I can find.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

There is a lady in upstate Ny, shangrala kennel ??? She by Albany, anyone out there know that name ? I groomed dogs from her kennel, very nice temp, size, coat.

Comment

2 good breeders..one in georgia one in south carolina... I will try to find their websites and pm them to you

Comment

The smartest thing she could do would be to contact the poodle club in the state. They usually have a list of reputable breeders who do OFA, and other testing.
        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

if they feel like traveling, I think winterroo knows people.

Comment

Poodle Club of America (PCA) is holding its National Specialty Show at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury, Maryland this week (6/11-15/2007), if you or your friend has time, you could attend and talk with the various breeders there. You surely would find reputable standard poodle breeders there. My poodle breeder is Sharon Stevens of Sharbelle Poodles (but she's located in CA). She (and her husband Ray) will be at PCA and could certainly direct you to a reputable east coast breeder. You can get more details on the show at the PCA website. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Please look into rescue

I was just on petfinder.com & they have plenty of Standards.

Thanks
              Erica

PS. Don't know any Std breeders

Comment

I would recommend Majessa Std Poodles in CT. If you want her info let me know, and I'll give it to you if you're seriously interested. Her dogs are phenomenal. She breeds for type and temperament. Blacks and whites only. My std is of her breeding, and he's fabulous. You can see pics on my website of him. He's not psycho like so many stds are now, and he's got a gorgeous body.
                Erin
                No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Jennifer Dege www.refinnepoodles.com I know she has bred several of her girls. I am 99% sure that she will ship. She is in MN. I got one of my boys from her, he is beautiful and nice temperament. I would recommend her to anyone, and I know she knows lots of people too if all of her pups are spoken for. She will also be at PCA.

Comment

So you're in PA?? Well, there's a shop down in Wall, NJ that specializes in grooming Poodles. The owner was actually on Groom Team USA for, I think it was three consecutive years.
                    That might be closer for you.
                    I'm not sure if she breeds dogs or not, but she could DEFINATELY help.
                    Don't want to be too specific here about names though.
                    Don't know what's allowed.
                    At least that's a drive and not a shipped dog.

Michelle in NJ

Comment

What colour is she looking for? Some breeders only breed certain colours. also what is her price she is willing to spend? These are factors in who she can be referred towards. Does she want a pet or show quality? Does she want to be able to go to the breeders?

I know Shangri-La my older dog is from those lines. I had heard that she was getting out the business fo breeding she is getting quite elderly. She was the breeder who began true red breeding in Std Poos way back! I spoke to her a few times over the years she is quite nice but havn't spoken to her at all in the last 4 or so, during which time I heard she was trying to retire. There are a few breeders in this area yet some I would't buy from because I don't agree with thigns they do. Not that they are truly harmful to the dogs just misleading to the general public. Is whe wanting a puppy or consider a retired dog? Sometimes you cna get a great dog from a breeder who has retired a show dog.

Comment

standard white?

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                        On the East Coast. One of my friends is looking for a St. and all we have around here are puppy mills that I can find.
                        PM me at [email protected].........I know of a very nice male 13 weeks still for sale.
                        Brenda

Comment

PA poodle breeders

Barbara Deer of MY Dear Poodles and Linda Blackie of Whisperwind.

Our babies are from Linda and they are fabulous. Wouldnt trade them for anything.

Jason

Comment

Sublime St Poodles. She's in Spring TX don't know how far away you wanna go. Her first litter is 7 monthes old, one of the boys is already finished and was top ten 6-9 puppy class at PCA, sister /brother were in the first cut. And one of their house mates was 2nd in the big Am bred classes. I know she adverstives in the Canine Chronicle.

Her puppies are very nice and well tempered. I get to bath the one the letting mature out. so sweet
                            Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

ok I found them! one in South Carolina...Rachael Gilmore 800. one in Georgia for 1500.00. these are show quality and whites. I have their numbers if you want them, just pm me! how's the hunt going btw?

Comment

Working...
                              X