This must be the week for all groomers to get bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This must be the week for all groomers to get bit

Every post I have read lately has someone saying they got bit. I think I may have started it so sorry about that. Maybe in the dog calender this week is bite the groomer week. lol

i didn't get bit this week

but if i do........now i know who to blame! lol jk

Comment

Oh, geez....I still have today to go. Wish me luck! lol
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Glad this week is over!

Comment

I haven't been bit in so long. Well lo and behold I got bit yesterday! He is a wild cocker, and I've groomed him several times before, but this was the first time he bit. He's usually just hyper and whiney. I was caught off guard and geez does it still hurt this morning. Three puncture bites on my left and and that meat there in between and pointer finger. Ow! I should've been forewarned with all the posts. Now I know that it's the week for it, and I'll be more careful.

Comment

I just got bit about 5 minutes ago, but it was from my own dog. I told her to bite her daddy and the dumb dog bit me. That will be the last time I feed her off my plate.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I haven't been bit, and my week is over.
              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
              Diane

Comment

WTG Pixie:-) Unfortunately, the dern dog broke my hand from the impact.

Comment

LOL I got bit, didn't break the skin but still! I had a regualr client come in with his two mini poos, one is quiet the other bites for nails, so I decided to do him. Took his harness off and he turned on me so quick! OUCH!!!

He had lost it, lunging at me snarling snapping...I finally edged towards some towels, threw a few over him and he got pushed intot first kennel, he was still screaming and snapping. I groomed the other one, not a trouble, everytime I walked by him he was wild.

So I called the owner, he admitted that the dog may be put down soon cause he attacked the nieghbour's kid unprovoked...so why did you bring him?? He attacked the vet, attacks everyone but him...right...so I asked that maybe he was injured/ill cause this was not how he acted before...the the owner said HE WAS SURPRISED HE NEVER GOT ME BEFORE!!!!! He suggested I try another day, I told him to take the dog and not bring THAT dog back, she was welcome but not him.

Comment

O.K. who started this, i got bit today! First time ever! Last dog of the day and I was forewarned that it used to be fine then they took it to somewhere else and it got shaved. It has not been the same since. It was tranqed and as the lady handed her to me it screamed and tuned and bit my right . Two punctures and a little of my index finger. I should have known. Needless to say I did not stay to groom this Bichon. She is only 1 year and 3 months. My gosh what a pain in the but. I am swollen and have tingling, good thing I am off tommorrow, it needs some rest.To top it off I get home and my dog is limping.
                    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

dogsr4luv!

Originally posted by luvpups View Post
                      O.K. who started this, i got bit today! First time ever! Last dog of the day and I was forewarned that it used to be fine then they took it to somewhere else and it got shaved. It has not been the same since. It was tranqed and as the lady handed her to me it screamed and tuned and bit my right . Two punctures and a little of my index finger. I should have known. Needless to say I did not stay to groom this Bichon. She is only 1 year and 3 months. My gosh what a pain in the but. I am swollen and have tingling, good thing I am off tommorrow, it needs some rest.To top it off I get home and my dog is limping.

she did it !!! blame her!!! she even admitted it. i guess the guilt was just too much...rofl.........oh, and sorry you got bit

Comment

Yes it is my fault. Sorry hope you feel better soon.

Comment

I got bit by 3 dogs this week. Another one tried to bite, but he was to old and slow to actually get me.. I got bit twice today.. One by a Beagle that bit and shook... I got bit from the middle of my forearm down to my finger tips by a Heeler the other day. I just sat there and let him go at me. The assistant finally managed to get his mouth opened. She pulled up and I pulled my arm back.. Nothing major, just an itty bitty spot from the Heeler, but the Beagle got me good on my finger.. Tore a small hole and also sliced it right on my knuckle... Every time I was my hands it bleeds.
                          Becky

Comment

It's the FULL MOON!!

Comment

my week was delayed

I've been so busy working 6-7 days a week between the shop and starting my mobile, and petsitting with no internet access, I've had NO time to catch up. Some day I'll get pics up of my trailer.

I got bit today. No puncture, but my right (non grooming arm) wrist feels really bruised. Tt was a thick coated I don't know what who is crazy for nails I knew, but I didn't think she was SERIOUS. To top it off, I had to clip her to 1 inch for the first time and I KNEW it would suck. It did. The dog after her was a massive matted golden who also tried to eat me for his nails. FUN!

Comment

Working...
                              X