Groom Expo in PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groom Expo in PA

Could someone fill me in on Groom Expo's. I wanted to go to the one in Hersey PA but im not sure what they do there and if it would be something i should attend. Im not a groomer yet start school in Oct. i didnt see a schedule on the website just a contest form. maybe i have a bad link.

Thanks

It would be a good thing for you to attend. They have classes you can sign up for etc. TONS of vendors. I will be there all weekend and I am taking my trailer. They will update the site soon with signing up for classes.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

If you are a reasonable drive away, I'd say go! Even if you just sign up for the trade-show, you can see the competitions and get to check out all the equipment. I suspect it may be a built overwhelming being that you haven't started grooming yet, but go, pick up fliers/info on products, watching the competitors, just have fun. Where comfortable walking shoes. :-)

Linda

Comment

Mark your calendar and plan to attend! I've been to almost every one since they started. There will be a schedule published usually in August. There will be seminars that you'll want to attend. Some are on animal behavior, some on grooming, there's usually CPR for animals, and a bunch of other stuff that you WILL find very helpful. If you need a cheap hotel, there are plenty a few miles away.

Comment

Groom Expo's offer seminars and retail and competitions, however the prices are fairly high if you ask me.

The Pet Pro Classic in Dallas, TX, offers excellent seminars from what I can tell, and last November when it was held, it was $169 all-inclusive which last year included the masquarade ball. You paid your room, meals, and airfare. At Hershey and Super Zoo I believe the seminars were $399 - $499 and they didn't offer quite as many, and were less focused, I felt. This is just my opinion so nobody get all huffy, lol.

Here is last year's schedule/checklist for the Pet Pro Classic in November:

http://www.petstylist.com/Events/ClassicChecklist.pdf

Tammy in Utah
          Last edited by SpikeyTheYorkie; 06-12-07, 05:39 PM.
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I am so excited! Sally has just asked me to do four Mobile Grooming seminars for Groom Expo this year. I will be speaking on cat grooming, telephone issues, spa-izing your mobile pet rig and telephone issues. I am still working on snazzy titles, but you get the idea!

So who's all going??

Comment

Originally posted by barknpurr View Post
              I am so excited! Sally has just asked me to do four Mobile Grooming seminars for Groom Expo this year. I will be speaking on cat grooming, telephone issues, spa-izing your mobile pet rig and telephone issues. I am still working on snazzy titles, but you get the idea!

So who's all going??
              Oooh.....mobile topics??? FUN! I doubt at this point I'll be fully mobile by then, but I'll take off work anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
                Oooh.....mobile topics??? FUN! I doubt at this point I'll be fully mobile by then, but I'll take off work anyways!
                What! You won't be fully mobile by Sept??? Did you do your graphics yet?

Comment

Originally posted by barknpurr View Post

So who's all going??
                  I'm going! Waiting for my catalog to see what all they are offering for classes. Shop,shop, shop. I'll stop by to say Hi.

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                    What! You won't be fully mobile by Sept??? Did you do your graphics yet?
                    No...

the friend of a friend was drawing them for me but had a major family health issue get in the way that took about a month. I was really patient, but the funeral was a couple of weeks ago and I can't get ahold of him and neither can my friend. What sucks is that I was REALLY looking forward to seeing his finished project. It looked FABULOUS in the making, TOTALLY unique and awesome. I don't know what to do...

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
                      No...

the friend of a friend was drawing them for me but had a major family health issue get in the way that took about a month. I was really patient, but the funeral was a couple of weeks ago and I can't get ahold of him and neither can my friend. What sucks is that I was REALLY looking forward to seeing his finished project. It looked FABULOUS in the making, TOTALLY unique and awesome. I don't know what to do...
                      I used a computer program and printed out an idea of what I wanted and printed it out and gave it to Keith and told him to figure it out.

Comment

The expo is great! I live about an hour and a half from there...

Even if you're flat broke, just go to go, know what I mean. You'll learn a TON just walking around and watching the competitions.

Not to mention the fact that part of the world is gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
                        X