OOPS! I almost cut the dog's b*lls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOPS! I almost cut the dog's b*lls!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I almost cut a shih tzu's balls. I'm really not sure what happened, but the scissors must have been "closing" on his balls and the dog let out a howl. Unfortunately, as a housecall groomer, the owner happened to be home (which isn't always the case). She ran in when she heard the dog and I told her what happened. Fortunately, there wasn't a cut and no blood. I was AMAZED that my sharp scissors didn't cut anything. She wanted me to stop grooming, but I assured her that he was okay. I calmed him down with treats and finished him up. He kept giving me dirty looks!!!!!!
    As I type this "accident" it almost sounds funny. I HATE those dogs that aren't neutered.

Originally posted by gitl View Post
    I HATE those dogs that aren't neutered.
    And you're trying to do the job!!! Didn't you tell the owner it's a special that not many people get!? LOL

Close call. Did the owner rebook?
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

I know what you mean about the unneutered business. I was grooming an English cocker spaniel, he's a good ol' boy (young actually), and I had lifted one leg to shave his little marshmallows and POOF!! My clippers sparked and went up in a cloud of smoke!

I NEARLY ROASTED THAT BOY'S MARSHMALLOWS!

He's since been neutered, but they nearly got it done for free anyway!

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

whew close call.........well, you couldve saved them a costly surgery by neutering him? LOL jk

Comment

I always hold "bits" in my hand of fingers when I am scissoring in this area. It's a common place for accidents.

Comment

aww poor puppy!! please take more precautions next time! lesson learned?

Comment

E-gads, scissors? I don't go NEAR that area using scissors with a 10 feet pole. No way no how. #10 all the way, lol.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I really hate it when it is a big hairy monster and you don't even know they are there till they all but smack you in the face
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I hate shaving those things! I am always like, Do I have toooo?? I just let the clipper vac suck the hair up and dont even touch it with my clippers, but I hold the ding dong and shave that though so its nice and neat.

Comment

This has to be the funniest thread ever! After being bit today I needed a good laugh. THANK YOU.

My only question is how can you leave 'em hairy when you've given the dog a fantastic hair cut? Girls at my previous employer wouldn't clean 'em and it drove me nuts (LOL) esp on a schnauzer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawshpooch View Post
                      but I hold the ding dong and shave that though so its nice and neat.
                      That's toooo funny! I don't think I've heard it called that before.
                      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                      Diane

Comment

hairy male parts

I had a black cocker come in with a huge mat around his testicles; he had been stripped elsewhere 6-8 weeks before, and this giant mat left in place by a nervous groomer.
                        I clipped up one thigh, ten blade, go to gently clipper the edge of the mat and zoom, off the whole thing came. No testicles, no scrotum, just that big ole mat, now clean shaven.
                        Whew, my heart stopped for a second.
                        Deidre

Comment

Gosh, I hate the pointy ones the most! They practically stick out their back legs like 2 rockets waiting to be launched. Gross! I have to say that I think dog [email protected] have to be the worst, lol.
                          Erin
                          No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Ive never seen Schnauzer balls but do have admit that i did a Keeshound in the past that i had to cup those babies in my hand when i slicker brushed the area. It doesnt bother me in the least bit. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound in cure.
                            Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

i always make sure my fingers are between the clipper and the family jewels.

Comment

Working...
                              X