Needing a groomer?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing a groomer?!?!

Hey, I posted a few weeks ago asking about pregnancy and grooming, Thanks for all the responses....Well I am 27 weeks pregnant and running the shop alone (bather only on Saturday) I am doing 15 to 18 dogs alone tues thru friday (turning some down) and 24-30 on Saturdays....I am just plain tired! I could easily do more if I had help. I have been looking for a groomer to work full time and let me step back a little and then someone that could run the salon while I am out in September. I have interviewed a couple people but no one just right. I have a full time bather starting in two weeks. My question is How can I find a good groomer? I have posted ads on petgroomer.com but only had 1 call. also posted on craigslist. I do not want to spend the $500 to put an ad in the paper for 30 days, if I can help it! any other suggestions? I dont know what else to do...I have been looking for about 2 months now and just am not getting a lot of calls from those two venues. Any advice is appreciated! thanks!

Where are you located at?

Comment

Put an ad in the paper for Fri, Sat, and Sun. It cost me about $100 and I got 2 replies. See how that goes. Write a job description and send it to all grooming schools in say a 100 mile radius. I find it's easier to train someone with so-so skills if they have the right attitude for the job. There are good people out there!

Comment

Where are you? I posted on craiglist for a bather and got a million replies. Try posting on craigslist again but in a different category, and put a catchy title on the post. The first time I posted I didn't get any responses then I put a better title on the job like bather vs. pet stylist assistant or something silly. I got a bather, and am thinking about getting a dryer to boost sales, and I'm 6 wks prego with an 8 mo old at home. A dryer will add a couple dogs per day, and get me out earlier, but also I dont have to pay as much as a groomer. Good luck finding what works best for you.
        Erin
        No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I would hate to know I had to groom that many dogs! are you nuts??? why are you grooming so many a day?? raise your prices and cut back on your own..the ones that stay will make up for the ones that leave! groom smarter not harder!!! I've been grooming for years and years...never had to groom that many! no way!

Comment

Wow, I've gotta ditto "hairdevil's" thought and agree with work smarter, not harder! You're gonna hurt yourself or make yourself sick.

And just how does one do 15 dogs in a day?? (not being a smart mouth--just honestly don't know).

Linda

Comment

I would also like to know Wher are you?? and also how does one person pregnant at that do that many dogs in one day. I agree with hairdevil no way in holy hockypucks would I dream of taking on that much solo.

Comment

Maybe she means 15-18 dogs total in 4 days (tues - friday) - that'd be like 4 or 5 a day?? I hope so. If not you're grooming circles around me. I'm a slowpoke anyway. Good luck with your groomer search amaretta!

Comment

Working...
                X