I don't know what to do with myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do with myself

I goofed up and booked dogs on Memorial Day. My appointment book has little iddy biddy notes on the side that tells me if it's a holiday, but I never noticed it. By the time I realized it, I didn't want to call the people and reschedule because they had already waited for 2 weeks to get an appointment and by that time, I was booked 3 weeks out. So instead, I marked today off in my book to give myself my own holiday.

And here I sit trying to enjoy my much needed day off but going stir crazy because I'm not at the shop working. Not that I really want to be there, but since that's all I do with my life these days, I don't know what else to do. LOL!! There's something wrong with me. I think I may have a slight case of brain damage or something.

**sigh**

brain damage u say

yes .....you must!!lol jk.....you need a hobby

Comment

If I were you I might call those people that I booked just to make sure that they realized they booked that day. I've had people try to book on a holiday not realizing that it was a holiday. They might still want the appointment, or they may not. Or you may have half cancel, and then you could at least get a half day out of it.
      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I would X off holidays so you don't do that again. I did the same thing. But my pda does not say holiday. I called and rescheduled because there is a parade in my town that goes right up my street and they close the streets off from 9 till 11 and my appt was for 10. sorry, can't make it lol. But I am not booked that far out.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

grab your dog and go.

When I don't have anything pressing to do, I grab my poodle and
          head for the park. There are several around here, and I love to take him
          walking. Usually a mile out and a mile back, Takes about an hour and ahalf.
          Doen't cost a dime and I feel so good afterwards. Like I have accomplished something. I can't believe I used to hate to walk.

I am a heavy weight and I need the exercise, I also get to show off my poodle and hand out cards to anybody that is interested.

Comment

I do the same on my days off. so used to rush rush and hustle hustle, its hard to relax. Then I feel guilty for not being at work!! it must be a woman thing! lol go to the gym or the bookstore or rent a movie to watch, you have to do something to get your mind off it. Even on my days off Im either lookn through grooming mags, or online researching grooming something..its groom groom groom....I think its stress related!!

Comment

they need to make a Pet Groomer video game so we can play that on our days off. Comes complete with all the different crazy, sweet customers and the more tips you get the higher level groomer you are. That would be cool.

Comment

LOL PeT groomer video game - too funny. Maybe they can come up with a Sims groomer?

Days off go WAY too quickly - Where did my sunday & Monday go??? ick!
                Now I have to go in tomorrow to a booked day including 2 crazy wiggly Yorkies.

Comment

LOL I can SEE that video game! Navigating through brown doggie land mines, racing to get dogs scissored on time, juggling phone, dryers and customers, ha ha the posibilities are endless!

Comment

Originally posted by Pawshpooch View Post
                    they need to make a Pet Groomer video game so we can play that on our days off. Comes complete with all the different crazy, sweet customers and the more tips you get the higher level groomer you are. That would be cool.
                    I love this idea, don't forget when we go to the higher level, we get better equipments, you know, from normal brush to les pooches, better HV dryers.... and maybe we can play on line so we can trade.... but where is the game over? I don't want to be eaten by a dog or rude customers.

Comment

In your book or whatever you use block out the days for the whole year that you wont or cant work. I do this 1 year in advance. I work around the kids being in school. I must be off when they are off and work when they are in school. I have to be very exact and not mess up so i study the school calander and plan ahead all holidays. Oh and when your off go to the movies,catch up on laundry, visit some friends, and i hate to say this but dont come here cause you will only dwell on grooming. You need to get your mind off of work and dogs at some point. It isnt healthy.
                      Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

make it like Diner Dash on yahoo games. I love to play that. Call it Groomer dash. click on the customers when they come in. then click them to the kennel, bathtub, table, then checkout.. ooo sooo easy.

Comment

I'm the same way when I'm off work

Last week my Husband gutted and rebuilt my van, things didn't get finished all the way and I had made app for the following week. I was so stressed calling everyone and telling what was going on. I didn't know when to tell them I would be able to come back. I should have had a nice time with all this free time but I couldn't figure out what to do with my new found time, anyway you get the picture. I think we work so much and complain that we are so busy and we don't know anything eles. I did finally get to work but now I'm working until 8pm until I get caught up. Oh well. I do love the new part of my van my husband did a wonderful job.

Wagn'tails
                          ID

Comment

well I think the game first should consist of OZ kickn us out!! an emerald city environment...if we goof, we're OZ'd!!! LOL!!
                            ps. what do you think of this idea OZ?? you can create it just for us!!!!! WOW!! imagine the possibilities!

Comment

Working...
                            X