great pyernees shave down ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great pyernees shave down ugh

today I did a shave down one a great peramise the poor thing was saverly matted all over and had fox tails every where it took me from 3:30 to 7:30 to just get him shaved. He's comming back in a few day to get his bath. His brother was in Yesterday he didnt have to get shaved down but he had more foxtails and was loaded with ticks. Its been a year scince their last groom. Somtimes I cant beleive people let their dogs get so bad and the dog are realy gentle just like big teddy bears. I know Im just going on and on just needed to vent

soooo

should we be saying poor dogs? cause it sounds to me like we should be saying poor you!

Comment

Oh god I feel for you. I won't be taking any more GP's. There is a new mobile in town and I will refer them to him. Just too much work and NEVER enough $. Why do people have those types of dogs if they don't want to take care of them????????????????/
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I hope you charged wayyyy up there for that! I have one that comes in every 6 weeks, he stays inside! yikes!! but talk about a gently giant!! they are really the sweetest lugs..

Comment

I know several people with Pyr's and they are stock dogs. They LIVE with their flock and so it's not unusual for these dogs to get in really rough shape. They are, in fact, doing their "job". I think these owners (of the stock dogs) are taking care of them. Most stock dogs rarely are allowed away from the duties! So taking them to be groomed is a sign that they do care, there are many that would just leave them in the pastures without ever being groomed.

Comment

I think I was kinda over reacting when I first wrote this She is very worried about them and she is going to be taking them in now every 6wks so she is trying

Comment

I gotta do one on Friday

I got a great pyr to do on Friday, she is boarding with us right now every time I go into work and she her I feel wicked tired. They are gentle dogs but a heck of alot of work and i agree that sometimes they are not worth the money but someone has to do them right? All I know is good thing i have Sat off lol. i do feel for ya

Comment

Originally posted by NeaNea View Post
                I know several people with Pyr's and they are stock dogs. They LIVE with their flock and so it's not unusual for these dogs to get in really rough shape. They are, in fact, doing their "job". I think these owners (of the stock dogs) are taking care of them. Most stock dogs rarely are allowed away from the duties! So taking them to be groomed is a sign that they do care, there are many that would just leave them in the pastures without ever being groomed.
                They have become very popular in my area in the past few years because of Coyote population increases. It is amazing to me how wonderful these dogs can be after being so "unsocialized". Truly a gentle giant!! I don't complain (much...lol) about their bad conditions when they come in. I am just glad they do get to come in for a grooming even if it is very infrequent. BTW, I have heard that GP owners cannot allow their pet dogs to get near the GP's flock because the GP will kill him as quickly as he would kill any predator, even if they are buddies outside of the GP's work area. Has anyone else heard this??
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                X