woman wanting me to shave her cat for 25 bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woman wanting me to shave her cat for 25 bucks

a woman calls me sat,and i was extremely busy,she said her friend recommended me,and wanted to make an appt,for her cat to be bathed and shaved,i give her my price,and she says wow,in pasadena i was only paying 25.00 bucks,i said well i doubt you will find that price anywhere around here,that price is ridiculously cheap,i said well shop around im not the groomer for you,she asked if i knew of a groomer,i just told her a shop that i know does cats,and hang up,she calls back,and asks me do you have that phone #,i say no and im really busy get a phone book,i hang up 10 mins later she calls again i step out to help someone with there dog,my bather answers and the same woman asks i forgot that name of the other groom shop,can you tell me the name,she says that i stepped out,and she doesnt know but just call the shops in the phone book,this looney tunes calls 3 more times but we didnt answer,she left one message wanting me to call her back with the phone number for the other shop,what a nutcase,i wish i knew who refered her to me,and i didnt call her back either,its not like we have a lot of groom shops in the area

Oh poor you! We have a groomer in the area that has prices since the dinosaurs roamed around. She does cats for $25 and when she went on maternity leave her customers called me. Most of the cat customers booked with me, but the ones that didn't, didn't like my price. I just told them, we are a SALON, not a strip down shop and cats can do major damage and carry alot of nasty little germs that I didn't feel like I needed to put my health at risk.

Comment

That is pretty cheap. I charge more than that even without a bath on most cats.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

what a fruitcake! lol I would not have called her back either! I groomed 2 cats last week, I don't usually, the price was 85.00 each. same owner. and he was pleased! 25.00 would not even get them out of the crate! lol

Comment

I got the same kinda of call last week. Maybe she is calling all us groomers in town and seeing who will bite that price?!!! I hate people who try to negotiate our prices or tell us what they will pay. I wish I could do that at the pumps but it ain't happening!

Comment

People just dont get it

Personally I don't like to groom cats and will do everything in my power to avoid it. The place where i work is always asking me if I will groom a cat for a client, my answer yeah for at least 65.00, and I get all the money (I work on commission) the reply is always well thats way to much to charge. Well I say we are not the only groomers in town let them find soemone that specializes in them. Like the prior post cats put you at risk for a heck of alot of injuries or infections. I knew a groomer who got bit by a cat and had to be on antibiotics for a couple of weeks the doc said that in at least 85% of cat injurie cases he sees the person injured is going to have to be on antibiotics. Thats not my idea of fun and certainly if I am going to put myself at risk its going to be for a hell of alot more than 25.00. Cats are cute but not that cute

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
              25.00 would not even get them out of the crate! lol
              That's for sure!

There's a place around me that was doing cat shaves for $25 too. (From what I heard, most small dogs are that price as well!!.) I quit doing cats, but when I did them, I was charging almost triple that price. $25..that's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                what a fruitcake! lol I would not have called her back either! I groomed 2 cats last week, I don't usually, the price was 85.00 each. same owner. and he was pleased! 25.00 would not even get them out of the crate! lol
                WOW ! Here i'm at 65 for shavedowns on cats but go up based on condition and behaviour. Just bath and brush out is 10 less.
                And I thought being close to NY would mean more $$ .
                Congrats, Kentucky !

Comment

Working...
                X