• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lucy in the Sky
    Standard Member & Club 1,000
    • May 2007

snap on combs discontinued???

I have been out of full time grooming for a year and a half, but I have been grooming a few clients a month with equipment that I have- mostly basics with a few 1" ao maltese in the mix. I have an opportunity to look into buying a shop, and so have been looking through catalogs and so forth and have realized that snap on combs are almost all discontinued in the petedge catalog. Why??? Did I miss something? I love my snap ons, esp on terriers that I want a more rough look on. Has the industry completely moved away from the use of them?
  • doggroomer123
    • May 2007

i dont know why they discontinued them. esp. when wahl has made the ownderful stainless steel ones (i love those, they glide through the coat so nicely). I personally love snap on combs and i cant imagine why petEdge would discontinue them. They still include them in their catalogs (IDK about their website, but they are still in the catalogs)

Comment

• gitl
      • Jan 2007

Don't know why...

You got me curious 'cause I order so many supplies from PetEdge. All of the combs are not discontinued. Some are on back order. I'm waiting for the Wahl stainless ones. Maybe you could call them to find out why. I, for one, couldn't groom without comb attachments -- so versatile.

Comment

• rapuzzled
        Champion Member & Club 1,000
        • Jan 2007

My boss noticed the same thing. She's called around to several different places and no one is selling them! We lost our C comb awhile ago, and now we are being really, really careful not to lose any of the other ones.
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

• SpikeyTheYorkie
          Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
          • Jan 2007

Are you serious? I haven't seen the Pet Edge catalogs lately, but I am wondering if they're replacing more tools with their own brand. I've noticed them do that with a few things.

Tammy in Utah
          PS: Buy the Laube Combs, they have some nice ones, and they come in a size up to 2" in length!
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

• scullysmom
            • Feb 2007

Pet edge is moving away from a grooming products supplier to a retail supplier from what I can see. If we did not get our oat from them I would stop using them.

Comment

• Lucy in the Sky
              • May 2007

See- the laube one is what I was looking to replace- my C is getting loose in the hinge and it is discontinued- I haven't tried ryan's or American Pet pro yet, but I thought it weird that a major retailer like petedge would be discontiuing so may of them.

Comment

• SpikeyTheYorkie
                Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
                See- the laube one is what I was looking to replace- my C is getting loose in the hinge and it is discontinued- I haven't tried ryan's or American Pet pro yet, but I thought it weird that a major retailer like petedge would be discontiuing so may of them.
                You can find those at www.kimlaubeco.com, or I'm sure this website has a link for Laube, they're probably a sponsor (I haven't bought anything in a while to know for sure!), or you can try Ebay, the Shampoo Lady (she says her prices are guaranteed to beat others), located at the bottom left of this page, dog.com, and [groomers.com (I think that's the website).

Romani has some nice combs too, that's another place to look. Good luck, this is frustrating information!

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

• furrybestjob
                  • Jan 2007

I used to order all of mine off ebay....was able to type in exactly what I wanted and all the ones matching would come up.
                  don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

• rainingcats&dogs
                    • Jan 2007

i just got my groomstar catalog,and they have a good variety of snap on combs,plastic and metal ones i love my metal ones by wahl

Comment

• happy trails
                      Toy Member
                      • Jan 2007

I bought my whals steel snap on combs from pet edge a month or so ago.I have a set of Andis snap on and a set of Romaini I'll never use afer using the metal combs.

Comment

• hairdevil
                        Closed
                        • Jan 2007

I ordered the wahl snap ons they should be here mon or tues! I can't wait to try them out! next on the list is buttercut blades! yippeeeee

Comment

• scrubapup
                          • Jan 2007

I love those Buttercuts!! I only have a few, but the rest of my blades havn't seen dog hair in quite awhile.

Comment

• lovessharpening
                            Miniature Member
                            • Jan 2007

Your Laube distributors such as The Blade Guyz can get these combs.

Tim
                            Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
                            123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

• scampbabee
                              • Jun 2007

I just bought a set this weekend.

Hey I just bought a set of Wahl snap on combs... I see them all the time.. Try Ryans, Dog.com or even your local supply distributor.. I walked in and bought them off the shelf, and as others are saying.. I love the way they cut!

Scampbabee

Comment

Working...
                              X