Greyhound style comb w/handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyhound style comb w/handle?

I find that among the most difficult and challenging things for my hands is to comb. But combing is so important, and I do it on all dogs that have a certain length of hair.

I think having a handle on the comb would make it easier. I use both the medium and course ends of my comb, so I was hoping to find a comb with a handle that has medium on one side and course on the other.

Any recommendations? Or ideas on how to save my hands from fatigue?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Ive been looking at the Chris Christenson ones and they have a "handle" you can get that the combs slide into & lock in place creating a better handle/grip for the comb,, looks like wood? maybe something like that would do the trick? Not cheap but from what ive heard there stuff is pretty much worth the extra £

Comment

I have seen the CC combs and handles. They are REALLY nice and a bit pricey too, but I believe they have a guarantee. Their brushes are super nice as well

I agree, holding those long combs can be a bit difficult at times.

Comment

I like the safari rake stlye combs. You would need one of each, but much better on your hands. I have found them at the shows.

Comment

The Chris combs and handles are the best! The wood feels great in your hands and the comb itself if balanced very nicely. I bought one at APF and even though the price was kinda ouchy I LOVE it!! I also bought one of their slicker brushes and your gonna have to pry both of those outa my cold dead hands before anyone takes them from me!!

Tammy

Comment

Those ARE very nice combs, indeed. I wish they already came with a handle with the medium / fine teeth on them, rather than having to put the handle on it. I guess it doesn't matter though.

So those brushes---the wooden slickers---what is the benefit? They must be different in the bristles because I can't imagine the handles being so great--no flexibility.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
            X