people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people

today I had someone bring back their pom because I supposidly didnt do his nails. This little pom is verry difficult to do he bites and growls. so I take him over to do his nails and I put a muzzle on him. The lady totally freeked out saying I was being mean to the dog and that I had attack him. Yeah right all I didnt do a thing to him. Has any body had people do somthing simmilar

The owner, in my point of view, is the creator of the problem. Her little Poopsy does no wrong, and gets away with everything---and now Poopsy is being "controlled" by someone (for once in her lifetime!) and the owner thinks that is "abuse," because heaven forbid saying "No!" to your "child."

Sorry 'bout all the quotations, lol.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Ditto Spikey. You said it so well. Who would now better than Spikey with her little Spike, he never does anything wrong so she knows where this client is coming from! LOL JK
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

Spikey is right, this lady is an idiot owner. Maybe after she has a few groomers laugh at her when she says they can't use a muzzle she will get the hint.....probably not.......It will probably take her little darlings toenails curling around and growing into the pads before she realizes the error of her ways and the vet telling her she has to pay $$$$ to knock Poopsie (love the name Spikey) out to get them done plus antibiotics to clear infection before she understands.....nah she probably won't even get it then!
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Hahaha Reminds me of the Dog Whisperer episode where this like dog was biting the womans son. He couldnt even go near his own mother. Ceaser Shhhh'ed the dog and gave it one of his little push/pokes. The dog hopped off his moms lap and went away to find something else to do, seeing it was no longer allowed to bite and the woman freaked out and said ceaser was mean. Ceaser looked at her in increduous disbelief and said "Should I have let him keep biting me" and the woman replied "Well you could have moved out of his way"

lol

Comment

Been there, done that, hated it. And there's not talking to these people. They just don't get it. You give them the option; muzzle on and we'll see what we can do, or take the dog home and do it yourself.

Comment

I had a lady call me 3 weeks after her appt. and tell me I did not cut the dogs nails. HELLO your dumb boyfriend had to hold the dog so I could do it. Then she asked me if I could come right over and make them shorter. NO
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by Jadenlea View Post
                Hahaha Reminds me of the Dog Whisperer episode where this like dog was biting the womans son. He couldnt even go near his own mother. Ceaser Shhhh'ed the dog and gave it one of his little push/pokes. The dog hopped off his moms lap and went away to find something else to do, seeing it was no longer allowed to bite and the woman freaked out and said ceaser was mean. Ceaser looked at her in increduous disbelief and said "Should I have let him keep biting me" and the woman replied "Well you could have moved out of his way"

lol

LOL!!! I saw that one.

I have one lady who has a Sheltie with a slight attitude problem. The owner was ranting and raving because the last groomer put a muzzle on her little darling, and there's no reason for that. He was fine for the bath, dry and most of the brush. But when I got to his hind area and feet, I had the anti-christ on my grooming table. Some owners are just in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadenlea View Post

lol
                  :: look of shock :: OH MY GOSH, is that story for real?!!!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

chihuahua on ceasers show...

what actually happend was that the dog was supposed to be the sons dog...but then the mom kept babying it...and she didnt want to correct the dog for fear of *hurting his feelings*. yes dogs do have feelings...and im sure they get them hurt...but correcting a dog isnt going to hurt his feelings. ceaser actually told her that if she wasnt willing to correct the dog then there was nothing he could do. like he always says....he rehabilitates dogs and trains people. which is true...this little chihuahua was going after the son...all ceaser did was the *bite* with his hand and the dog stopped...and immediately hopped off the couch. some dogs are just such spoiled little rotten brats...that they react even worse when corrected by someone not their owner...and with the owner there they KNOW that MOMMY is going to put up a big fuss and that THEY will get away with it. what i would have done was just handed the dog back and said...well ma'am if you dont want me to take the saftey of myself and your dog into consideration i recommend that you go to the vet for his nails to be done then. because im not going to risk getting bit by him just to clip his nails...its not worth it to me, its going to stress him out even more, and your not going to be happy because i had to put a muzzle on your dog.
                    JMO
                    Hound

Comment

Originally posted by groomerjen View Post
                      today I had someone bring back their pom because I supposidly didnt do his nails. This little pom is verry difficult to do he bites and growls. so I take him over to do his nails and I put a muzzle on him. The lady totally freeked out saying I was being mean to the dog and that I had attack him. Yeah right all I didnt do a thing to him. Has any body had people do somthing simmilar
                      I forgot to add this:

www.groomershelper.com

Problem solved.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Put the Muzzle on the Lady and put the dog in the tub.Trim the nails while the dog is in the tub,take the Muzzle off the Lady and give her a bill for $20.00 for using your Muzzle and enjoy the rest of the day! Just my opinion.

Comment

I would have had the lady hold the dog. That way if the dog was going to bite, then it would be biting her. She couldn't blame anyone because she was holding the dog.

Comment

Allan, You're too funny!! I like your suggestion best
                            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Owners like this completely annoy me. I can't stand them. If I were you I would tell her that she needs to let the vet trim the dogs nails. That way she can pay a whole lot more for the same service. Because the vet will take them in the back, pop a muzzle on them and go to town.

Comment

Working...
                              X