Lucky me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky me

One groomer in our area had surgery, can't groom. Another groomer in our area had a baby, can't groom. Another groomer quit or moved on and her replacement can't groom (I've seen the evidence, OH MY!!!).

So guess who is getting a lot of their business? Yeah, me, and it's been great.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

You could share ya know!!!!!!!!! I always have room for a couple more.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

Go Tammy!! Sounds like that new bather is really going to come in handy now! Good thing you found her when you did.

Comment

mskitty

hey mskitty....i peeked at your website...looks great! are ya gonna have some additional information links? i for one love to look at pictures of boarding and grooming places!
        and tammy...WTG!!!!!! good thing that bather came along when she did!
        now you can REALLY have her paid back plus more! maybe you'll gain alot of clients that wont go back to those other groomers...
        WOW them with your work!
        remember...you are a pet styleist NOT a pet GROOMER.
        styleists have tons of talent...which im sure ya do!
        Hound

Comment

Spikey are you takin out the competition over there? Theyre droppin like flies LOL - Anyway, youre an awesome groomer - they wont see those clients again after they meet you!

Comment

Originally posted by HoundLover View Post
            hey mskitty....i peeked at your website...looks great! are ya gonna have some additional information links? i for one love to look at pictures of boarding and grooming places!
            and tammy...WTG!!!!!! good thing that bather came along when she did!
            now you can REALLY have her paid back plus more! maybe you'll gain alot of clients that wont go back to those other groomers...
            WOW them with your work!
            remember...you are a pet styleist NOT a pet GROOMER.
            styleists have tons of talent...which im sure ya do!
            Hound
            I feel cheesy saying "Pet stylist." So I call myself a professional pet groomer, and that's as much as I can muster for now. Once my shop becomes a SALON, then maybe I'll up the title, lol. But we STILL don't have painted walls, it's just dry wall and it's UGLY, so I feel stupid even offering add-on services because we're so "ghetto" looking, lol.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Better stop paying tithing then eh? haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pawshpooch View Post
                  Better stop paying tithing then eh? haha
                  Are you kidding? I started paying it on my tips in January (I hadn't paid it on my tips before because I felt it was such a trivial amount), and BAM, I got blasted during what is normally one of the slowest grooming months of the year. And it has continued to grow since then. I'd been there for 9 months, and it was steady for quite some time, few new clients. Then January came and nothing has been the same. I credit tithing.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                    Are you kidding? I started paying it on my tips in January (I hadn't paid it on my tips before because I felt it was such a trivial amount), and BAM, I got blasted during what is normally one of the slowest grooming months of the year. And it has continued to grow since then. I'd been there for 9 months, and it was steady for quite some time, few new clients. Then January came and nothing has been the same. I credit tithing.

Tammy in Utah
                    This may be a dumb question but .........what is tithing???

Comment

houndlover...thanks for the comment. I am working on the links and pix. I have been so busy buried in dog hair its tough to get this web stuff done. Thank goodness my friend is the webmaster. Its still a lot of work to get pix together and the links..blah..blah!!! I am going to get it done this weekend I told myself!

Comment

Originally posted by GriffonsMOM View Post
                        This may be a dumb question but .........what is tithing???
                        I believe the direct translation would be "10%". Tithing is basically "10% of your income," donated to a particular religious denomination, in this case. I pay tithing on my income and tips. I firmly believe in it, and that 10% is only a tiny miniscule amount to give back after all I've been given. It comes back to me 100 fold. I also pay what is called a "fast offering," where you fast (skip meals) for 24 hours or so and donate that money to those who are less fortunate. Unfortunately I have a hard time skipping meals (I get shakey), but I still donate. Sorry, I don't usually talk religion on here, but since ya asked!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Titheing is part of faith in God. You tithe 10% of all your income. This goes toward missionaries in other countries and also this country that witness to people about God. Anyway about faith, you believe that God will help you out if you do the things that he wants to do.

Man, this is great. I never thought that anyone would be talking about this on here.

Comment

Originally posted by dakwin View Post
                            Titheing is part of faith in God. You tithe 10% of all your income. This goes toward missionaries in other countries and also this country that witness to people about God. Anyway about faith, you believe that God will help you out if you do the things that he wants to do.

Man, this is great. I never thought that anyone would be talking about this on here.
                            LOL, that's because usually people become "preachy," which I don't care for. A looong time ago someone tried to start a "christian groomers" thread, which I thought, personally, was sort of a bad idea. If they wanted to start their own website, I'd have no problem with that, but I just felt that a thread was asking for trouble on this website. People start debating about who's right, who's wrong, and I don't blame Stephen for saying no.

The tithing I pay goes to building churches, hymnals, pianos, organs, things like that. Fast offerings go directly to a fund for those who are in need---we are asked NOT to pay more than 10% tithing, but to be generous in our fast offerings, as that helps people of all nationalities and religious denominations, particularly when disaster strikes. We pay our own way on missions, or our families pay, and we also have PEF (Perpetual Education Fund) which is a donation to help those of my faith in other countries to pay for schooling. Then, after they get their education, they pay the sum back and it goes to somebody else who needs it. Various churches use their funds in different ways, this is how I've been doing it . This should probably be in the off topic topics now, lol.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

That's great Tammy. We had a groomer go on sick leave recently, and it was pretty cool because they referred all of their dogs to us! It was a vet groomer, so we were a little afraid we would get a lot of dogs that needed to be sedated (which we don't do) or at least problem dogs that other shops won't do. But surprisingly enough we didn't get any of those!
                              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X