Rude Telemarketer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Telemarketer

I get a call today..You probably already use (some brand) winsheild fluid there don't you? I'm like umm..no. He asks what kind I use because they were running a special on their brand. I remembered I get all those calls for the auto shop, so I tell him he has the wrong number. He doesn't care and starts to ramble on. I say I'm not interested, and hang up.

Phone immediatly rings, hubby answers, hands it to me. It's the same telemarketer! He asks if this is the service dept. I tell him once again, this was not an auto shop, and I don't want any winsheild fluid, and I hang up again.

Phone rings again..same guy..AGAIN! But this time he says..."Why you hang up on me you f'ing cu*t?" Whoa! Excuse me?? "Are you deaf you dumb stupid f'ing bit*h? ..Why you hang up on me you f'ing cu*t?"
    I was speechless , I told him to put his mgr on the phone (like that would happen right?) He tells me.."You ain't talkin to noone you f'ing c.." And he hangs up.

Unbelievable!!

Caller id said unknown of course so I couldn't call back. And I can't remeber what brand of wiper fluid it was they were trying to sell. Not that there is anything I could do about it...I have no proof. But I am still ticked off over this.

I don't know how my in-laws got it, but when you dial our number, it says, "You have reached a number that does not accept solicitors. If you are a solicitor, please hang up now. If you are not a solicitor, dial 1." We've never had a telemarketing call since they started using that.

I am thinking this "telemarketer" is not really a telemarketer but a prank caller. I once worked at a billing company as a collection agent. We had called and left a message on the machine. Later that day a young boy calls and I answer "Nat'l ________ this is Tammy." He says something too mature (sexually) for a young boy to be saying (and yet it made me laugh, "Does he know what that means?!!"), and I told him I was going to tell his mom. He hung up. Little does he know, I had caller ID (back when caller ID was new), and I called him back. He suddenly developed a deep male voice and tried to play stupid. I told him I was going to talk to his mom later on. I bet he was scared to death after that, because he apologized, lol.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Wow.....wish ya could trace that!

Maybe it was somebody playing a joke on you? I had a real salesmen at my door with a window windex all purpose cleaner concentrate . When I said no he got angry and said I will spend$ on windex but not his non toxic stuff, and he needed commission to get to Louisiana. I had to just say no, sorry and shut the door! At least he wasn't in person!!!! Buy or I'll shoot you!

Comment

I had a VERY rude guy trying to sell me magnets when I 1st opened the shop. Magnets & Calendars w/ my business info on them. He was SO rude and wouldnt take no for an answer. Some of you may have talked to him also LOL. I watched dateline or something a few mos back about psycho telemarketers. some were outright scary!

Comment

No proof? If he really was a telemarketer, all his calls are recorded. I was a telemarketer for way too long... In general, telemarketers can be as pushy as they want in order to make the sale.Its encouraged even. Calling you back and telling you all those nasty things is not acceptable though.

Its common practice to be straight out rude to telemarketers these days. People dont realize that they are just doing their job. (In no way am I excusing what he did, I am just saying... in general.)

Comment

OUCH. What a JERK. Thank god I am on the do not call list.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

WOW! Next time a telemarketer calls, tell your husband to deal with them!

Comment

What a Psycho Postal telemarketer. Maybe if he didn't bag at last one more sell wiper fluid today he was FIRED! Maybe his girlfriend just dumped his looser a$$ for his best friend. Who knows lol. No excuse for fowl language. However.

Once when I was looking for a real estate agent so I could move to another city 4 hours away. Well I emailed this company about some houses I found for rent online, a few days later I got a automatic email saying someone would contact me. Well they contacted me all right. I got the first email from the agent and asked me what kinda of house I was looking for etc... So I replied 3 br, in certain area, no more than $$$$ a month. The next day I got an accidental email from what I guess was the guys boss asking the agent if he had contacted me yet, and the realtor's reply was on there as well saying "Oh that lady is just a renter with BAD CREDIT.". When I read this appalling email I was horrified. I wanted to mess with this guy so I replied him the email I got and told him I would be contacting his supervisor and that the only reason I had bad credit was because I lost my husband and was a widow trying to raise two kids on my own and he should be ashamed for saying I was just a renter with bad credit. Because this renter with bad credit, referred her friends to a local Realtor here in town who then bought a $950,000 home. The realtor I referred is my Realtor that helped me rent my current home.
                I am not really a widow but I wanted this guy to learn a lesson. I think it worked I got no more emails from them.

Comment

I don't answer when the caller ID doesn't tell me who is calling.

Sorry you had to experience that. I really dislike (hate) telemarketers. If I wanted something I'll go to the store and get what I need. I don't need them calling me and bothering me.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I don't answer when the caller ID doesn't tell me who is calling.
                    Me too. If the caller ID doesn't tell me who it is, it's probably someone I don't want to talk to anyway.

Comment

I use to constantly get the magnet and pen callers. As soon as I said "NO" they just hung up. But lately it's been the police association calls (they have a hard time taking no for an answer and I usually just hang up on them) and every day I get an Ontario phone call, but when I answer the phone nobody is there. That aggravates the **** out of me - especially when I'm busy in the first place and answering the phone is just a nuisance for me. So for the past couple weeks, if the caller ID says Ontario or Unknown Number, I don't answer. Actually, lately I've been so busy I rarely answer the phone while working and then do all my call backs at the end of the day. Can't get them in for 3 weeks anyway. **shrug**

Comment

we also used to get alot of telemarketers and bill collectors calling our house....sometimes as early as 530 in the morning!!! i remember one day that they really pissed me off...they kept calling, LITERALLY, every 5 to 10 mins! so i'd answer the phone...say no one lives here by that name. okay...thanks. hang up. ring ring...again...is so and so there? no one lives here by that name. okay hang up. ring ring...it kept going ON AND ON AND ON! i was literally driven mad by it! so the next time someone called i answered the phone...and i said...IM GOING TO CALL THE COPS ON YOU IF YOU DONT STOP FRIGGEN CALLING THIS NUMBER! NO ONE LIVES HERE BY THAT LAST NAME! THIS IS HARRASSMENT! STOP CALLING!. and the lady on the other end was going...im sorry miss im sorry...and i just hung up on her. it worked for about a day or so...i was very satisfyed then. i mean jeezz.....every 5 to 10 mins is a little excessive to keep constantly calling someones house...or even when your already ON the phone and the call waiting keeps beeping!
                        thankfully now a days...the phone is silent.
                        Hound

Comment

I have a "telezapper" that does a pretty good job of disconnecting calls from the auto dialer thingy. When I do get a telemarketer call, I just say, "Sorry, we
                          don't do business over the phone." and hang up.

Comment

I feel bad that these people have chosen a path in life that disturbs 100% of the population and they must have no other skills than trying to take our money. When they call me, I put on my"Old Man" act and question them about every avenue of the product or service they are selling. I let them know about my limited finances and hardships to the point where I have turned the conversation around. Just a bit of fun in a busy day for me!

Comment

I had some sort of call block on my phone, so I wasn't getting Private number or Unavailable on the ID, but I had to turn it off so my sons Dr could call me after hours. I don't know how to turn that back on.
                              I also am on the do not call list..does that expire after a certain amount of time?
                              I also found out that this Economy Cars..the place that has my phone # listed as theirs..was shut down some time ago for using parts from stolen cars. I don't know why the # is still listed if they have been out of business.

I get calls from the people selling the magnets too. I told him I wasn't going to buy anything unless they sent me a sample. He told me, with an attitude, Do you ask for a sample before you buy a pizza? And hung up. What the heck?

Comment

Working...
                              X