Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff (The Blade Guy) is set up in Mobile Alabama

Hey Gang,

Im all moved in down here in Mobile Alabama and boy is it nice to be back in the South again. I missed the South soooooooooooo much.

Im originally from Savanah GA and moved to Michigan 15 years ago (wife and grooming shop) because my company (Georgia Pacific) wanted me to engineer a chemical plant there. They told me it was going to be 1 year at the longest and it actually took 15 years for me to get out of there by retireing. I had to stay on as plant manager for the facility for crying out loud!!!!

Im starting to get boxes of sharpening again and I love it!!! The local folks are very impressed that I moved here and am taking very good care of the grooming community here. They have no sharpener around the Mobile area, in fact, along the whole Gulf Coast.

So Im ready to sharpen.....Be sure you send your stuff to the Mobile Alabama address thats listed on our website. Dont send it to Michigan anymore because they will forward it down here.

I recieved two boxes from Maine last week and it took two days, I got one Tuewday morning from Anaheim CA and it was mailed last Thursday. So this indicates it doesnt take any longer to get here than it did while I was in Michigan. One big difference is that Im not freezing on my way to the mailbox. I cant wait to have a "SNOWLESS WINTER" again, lol, lol.

I was in Destin Florida at the PetSomthing there last week and the beaches are absolutely beautiful. I used to go to the beaches on the east side of Florida when I lived in Georgia, but these gulf coast beaches have them beat I think. The water is more blue, and the sand is whiter than white. I may love it here like I did back home. Why didnt I go back to Georgia?? Savannah, Atlanta, Charleston SC, and Athens all have several good sharpeners in the area servceing them. The area that I'm in now has one and this sharpener is my best advertising. Ive heard all the horror stories about sharpeners and never really beleved them.....I do now!!! Since Ive been here, I've had one marriage proposal, several invites to dinner, and 3 pastors wanting me to join their church. I love it here!!

Well, got to go to work. Thanks for all your patience and Ill be looking for your stuff soon.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff you did my blades for me in Fraser, MI at a vet hosp. I used to groom for.......ring any bells? A little over a year ago. I since have moved to AL also for my hubbys job and now own a salon 1/2 hour north of Birmingham. You dont get up here to sharpen do you???? BTW, I am also loving the south! Ya cant beat this weather LOL

Comment

I know who that sharpener is! LOL! He kept calling wanting to know if I had any blades for him and I kept telling him no. Finally, I told him I quit grooming just so he'd quit calling!
      Welcome to the south!
      Deanne

Comment

Is that the clinic over on Grossbeck??? I think I remember you.
        I dont get to Birmingham, but that doesnt mean I cant get a route together up there and come up. I used to come from Grayling which was 230 milkes north of Detroit. I dont know how far Birmingham is from Mobile...probably far. I had many grooming shops that let me and my rig park in their driveway overnight in Detroit, this really saved me money and time. I still have the keys to 31 shops where they would call me and Id go in there after hours to sharpen, I was in the way during the day. I used to really be a great service there and they appreciated it.

I was really thinking about going to Montgomery and getting some business. I heard there wasnt a mobile sharpener there either. Groomers have to take their stuff to a sharpening company or mail it to them.

If you feel like sending your stuff Im only a day away from you, and its probably cheaper than what your paying.

Anyways, Im glad Im back down here. The business is growing slowly as expected, but everyone Ive sharpened has shown appreciation and dedication to me for it. I hope to do good here, this is the last move I plan to make in my life.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Deanne,

Give me a call and Ill come over and do you a good job. I looked at a house in Moss Point, they wanted 1000 a month for a shack. lol. lol

Im going to Gulfport and do Wanda and her shop next Thursday, she runs a small grooming school there and she contacted us to do the regional show in February. This will be the first show the Blade Guyz will sharpen at together unless we do the Hattiesburg show this summer. I think Tim is checking on that one because they approached us with that one. Im fixing stuff that the guy at the Biloxi show screwed up. Its sad to pay good money for superior work and you cant even use it when you get home.

Please call me and we'll set something up. I work on clippers, so if you got a box of them around we can get a few pairs working.

Talk to you soon

Jeff

Comment

Hey Jeff,
            Just sent out a whole wack of blades and shears to you.
            Remember... I'm the one that had the Andis 2-speed clipper
            with all that cleaning fluid up in it !!
            I think you said you were going to use that for a video
            as a "no no" and that that was the worst you've ever seen !
            Well, I have an Andis ACG now and it's running smoothly and i've
            since learned my lesson.

Oh, btw... since I got my 10" Heritage shears back last time they
            still seem quite dull... and rather quickly.
            Is it maybe because they've had their time and are ready for the
            garbage because they are on the cheaper side?
            I sent them out to you again.
            Didn't use them much at all when I got them back last time.

Oh yeah.. and sent it to the Mobile, AL address.

Box coming from New Jersey.
            Nice getting in touch with you again.

Michelle

Comment

well i'm glad you're down here with us on the gulf coast now. i'm in Fl. I have never sent you anything, but i am now. i have thinning shears that i have sent out twice now and my sharpener can't seem to get it right. i have tried many sharpeners. it's definitely an art. and there's alot of people that can't seem to get it right. i have read many good things about you on here. i also loved your very informative web site. thanks, laura

Comment

Michelle,

I dont think I charged for those shears because they were about shot, I just checked that invoice. Sometimes depending on how you use a shear, they can dull out quickly. But when they are sharpened so many times that the blade is way down below the temper line, they dont hold an edge very long. When I get these shears in I usually give them the once over for free because i know they wont cut long, and not charging fore them eases the pain a little.

I still havent made that video yet. Tim and I are going to produce it by the end of summer so it can be available before Hershey. It will be the most exclusive blade and clipper care video ever produced. If you like the video's on our website, you fall in love with this one coming out because the detail is there along with down-to-earth explanations. You dont have to be a scientist to understand what we are saying.

Ill be looking for your bos and keep up the good work on cleaning and oiling

CUL

Jeff

Comment

Jeff - Yep that was me on Groesbeck! I am friends w/ the other grooming salon owners in this area, I am going to tell them to use ya! Glad to hear youre in the same state as me again LOL - I havent been to the Gulf Shore yet but plan to take hubby & the kids this summer.....I've heard its gorgeous!

Comment

Cool Beans!!!

Ask around and see if a few shops are unhappy with their present sharpening and I may come up there. It has to be worth my while so Id have to do at least 6 or more shops. You've seen my rig, and it would be a bonus to me if you knew some shop that wouldnt mind me parking it in their driveway for the night, it would save me a hotel bill and I can sharpen all night. I had shops all over Detroit letting me stay in the driveway at night if i did a few pairs of shears for free. Thats a deal...I will need an electric plug to keep the wheel going and the TV on. lol
                    And yes..you and the kids will LOVE the Gulf Coast.

TTYL, email me when and if you hear anything.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by goldiphlox View Post
                      i have tried many sharpeners. it's definitely an art. and there's alot of people that can't seem to get it right.
                      A lot like grooming, huh?!

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Hi Jeff -- so glad you're happy with your new location. I'll be sending a box from Maine. I have a bunch of the bravura/moser blades, and I think I remember you saying you could use them for parts? I don't want to have them resharpened, some already have been and are dull again. Anyway, I was going to throw them out, do you want them?

Comment

Originally posted by northerntailssharpening View Post
                          Michelle,

I dont think I charged for those shears because they were about shot, I just checked that invoice. Sometimes depending on how you use a shear, they can dull out quickly. But when they are sharpened so many times that the blade is way down below the temper line, they dont hold an edge very long. When I get these shears in I usually give them the once over for free because i know they wont cut long, and not charging fore them eases the pain a little.

I still havent made that video yet. Tim and I are going to produce it by the end of summer so it can be available before Hershey. It will be the most exclusive blade and clipper care video ever produced. If you like the video's on our website, you fall in love with this one coming out because the detail is there along with down-to-earth explanations. You dont have to be a scientist to understand what we are saying.

Ill be looking for your bos and keep up the good work on cleaning and oiling

CUL

Jeff

Oh, okay then. But I did send them out with my order the other day and with a note attached wondering why about them. So... just return them as usual. What do I do with them in the meantime? Use them as regular cutting shears? I don't use my 10" shears that much as it is. Hmm... guess time is up for Heritage, huh?

Thanks for the info. When you wrote "these are ok/fine" on my invoice I was a bit confused. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Michelle in NJ

Comment

Jeff,
                            You need to be mobile in PA lol. I have a **** load of blades to send to you. Just have to get it all together. I am sending some of my friends along too. She said if they can't be sharpened anymore, just mark them and send them back.
                            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Michelle,

Its time for WOLFF not Heritage. [I] can send back a pair just tell me what you like. I can put them on a seperate bill so if you dont like them you can ship them back.

Ask anyone Ive shipped Wolff's to, they love them because they are light and balanced and they dont cost over 70 dollars for the 10" curve w/ bent handles. These are a great Bischon and Standard scissor because it has the correct curves in it.
                              Let me know and Ill drop a pair in for you. I know you wont be sending them back, nobody has yet.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X