Your Procedure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Procedure?

What is your procedure to clean and oil scissors and blades? Do you do this each day or after each dog?

Thanks! Ya'll Rock! This is the most friendly and informative board I have ever been a part of!

Blades:

I brush them off, moving the cutter from one side and then to the other to get all the excess hair off. I guess I could HV them, there's a thought, LOL.

Then I put them in an ultrasonic cleaner for a few minutes (5-10 min). Then I spray them with H-42 and let them sit for a minute or two. I then blow off the excess water/H-42 with the HV, then oil them at all points where metal will rub against metal (or metal against plastic cutter thingy). Then I slip them on the clipper for a few seconds, and then wipe off the excess oil so hair wont stick to it as much.

Scissors? Uh...well...er...uh...neglected!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I am bad at that...

I suggest reading the Balde Guyz suggestions. Someone can tell you where to find that....I can't recall how except maybe their website on member list or the ad. Can someone help us?

Comment

I usually or at least try to clean my blades with oster clipper wash before I use them and after I use them. Blades seem to last longer when I keep this routine up.

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
          I suggest reading the Balde Guyz suggestions. Someone can tell you where to find that....I can't recall how except maybe their website on member list or the ad. Can someone help us?

Balde guys?? That is not very nice.

Comment

I just saw that typo....

I meant BLADE guys. I told ya before ....I can't type without my gel nails. My typos are terrible! Honest, I meant blade guys and both do have hair too.

Stephen: Actually it is Blade Guyz

Comment

PetsRus you're funny - you made me laugh! LOL As for blades, I blade wash them at the end of the day and oil them well. I always brush them good after each dog and use clippercide. I HV them too if there's gunky hair in them and it doesn't come out with brushing. Just gotta remember to hold onto them, I've shot a few across the room before. Scissors I put in barbicide, but not overnight. I'm afraid of leaving them and find nothing but the handle in the morning. Somewhere I read a post from the blade guyz that said barbicide will eat them. I have srubbed blades before with soap and water too then dried and oiled them. But for the most part I use blade wash.

Comment

I clean and oil my blades after every groom day.
                The Balde Guys would be proud!

Comment

ROFL, Balde Guyz, you all are too much!

I'm sitting here laughing and feeling really glad my husband isn't in the room, he'd think I was some goofball!

Tammy in Utah
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                  X