No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a grooming punch card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a grooming punch card?

I am trying to come up with ideas for my shop and got to thinking about a punch card for grooms. I was thinking buy 9 get the 10th free.?. Would something like this be a good idea?

If I had a shop I would do that, but I am mobile. I also think a client referral card is a good idea. The person referring can get a discount or after say 10 referrals a free groom.Just an idea. My old boss does that and I think it is a successful program for her. She had cards made up for people with the info on it and a line to put their name. When the new person comes in, they turn over the card to you and it goes in their file to add up.
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I do use punch cards. I had originally thought along the same lines as you, but I didn't really want to do a free groom. What I decided to do instead is after 5 grooms they get a free Re-moisturizing Treatment. When this one is done I may do another free-bee. I tell my customers it's so they can try one of add on services for free. Most seem happy with it. I make the cards on my computer and use business cards to print them on.

Comment

If you like to discounts your services.......

punch cards are great. When I first started out working for one of those super stores they had punch cards and after 8 grooms the 9 was free, but it only did the full grooms , didn't count baths as a groom. They also did a 10% off for prebooking next appointment. I personally now try to avoid discounts because it draws the clients who either lack the money or the desire to keep their dogs in tip top shape. and I still honestly believe what my mentor told me years ago......" if you charge cheap you will be treated cheap"

Comment

I think it may be worth a try

I think nine is too many, depending on how many weeks. If dog is faithful every 6 weeks, make it the same year at least,haha. I would say, discount on the third or fourth groom...don't make em wait too long for the bonus. I still have never gotten anything from Ulta for humans, they claim they never have me in the computer and tocall 800#. I have been buying for 7 years with them! Gotta keep track of visits. Receipts would prove purchases for me, but I never keep those little pieces of paper. Anything that keeps a dog regular is a Good idea IMO.

Comment

I sell my punchcards in a membership with whatever benefits I decide. Mine are 12 punches, no back punching and they get a discounted grooming, no freebies. It is my business card on one side and the punch info on the other on a keyring. The idea is when they have there keys out, other people see it and inquire about it. The place I order from also sent me a special puncher different from the regular ones available at the store so no extra punches at home.

Comment

We had a Tub Club card that after 10 baths they got the 11th free. This was for bath only dogs, nothing for groom dogs. I had a hole punch in the shape of a bone. People kind of forgot about it though and we haven't encouraged it lately.

Comment

keyring punch cards??

Hey bitty,
                I have been looking all over for those keyring-type punch cards, can you tell me where you get yours. You can email me at [email protected] Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Boxerfan View Post
                  We had a Tub Club card that after 10 baths they got the 11th free. This was for bath only dogs, nothing for groom dogs. I had a hole punch in the shape of a bone. People kind of forgot about it though and we haven't encouraged it lately.
                  That is a good idea! Either that or I was thinking instead of a free groom mabey half off. Valerie74 got my wheels turning about her reply. A free groom for multiple people would probably not be good. Thanks!

Comment

Garielle, I will get the info and e-mail it to you tomorrow evening.

Comment

I found a dog bone and a heart hand held puncher used for scrapbooking at the Dollar Store!!! Way cool. I punch our business cards with then and after 10 punches we give a free bath. We only use it for our DIY dog wash.

Comment

I like the idea of giving away a free gift after so many haircuts. Bottle of shampoo, rawhyde bone,slicker brush, or any other thing you can think of. Its just my opinion but this job is so hard physically and can be taxing mentally that i wouldnt want to give away 40 dollars give or take for nothing. It is far cheeper to give out a small gift and people will love it then to give out your services. Big retail doesnt give much out for free. You have to spend a littles to get a little. If you even look at fast food ads you get that free drink after you spend money for the meal or its buy one get one. This is even at a level not even compared to the type of spending people do to get the dog groomed. Think about who gives things out for free these days. Not something worth the type of money we charge. Even a free meal is far less.
                        Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I do think that it is a good idea for a punch card, however, I wouldn't give away an entire groom. Maybe a toothbrushing, creme rinse, hot oil treatment, etc. I think that a punch card at a sub shop is one thing, a four or five dollar sub is okay, but a 40 or 50 dollar groom is another thing. Besides I would hate to have to do a whole groom for free.
                          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Paying In Advance

At a shop I worked for years ago, we had cards but the differance was you paid in advance for the grooms for example if a groom for a Lab is $25, you could buy a groom card good for 10 grooms for $200, thus saving $50, this was realy popular for dogs that like to come in weekly or biweekly. I would not want to do that now at this point in my career, but If I were trying to build some repeat businiess and get some revenue coming in I would consider it again.

Comment

punch cards

Thanks Bitty that would help me tremendously. I look forward to hearing from you.
                              Gabrielle

Comment

Working...
                              X