Good golly, what IS this dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good golly, what IS this dog?

Groomer to Groomer, April/May '07 if you look on page 8, bottom right.

WHAT IS THAT HYENA LOOKING CREATURE? LOL, I thought it was a joke, but it can't be! It says "Mixed and other purebreds" class, so I'm not sure if it's a mix or purebred.

It looks like it has a partial mohawk running down its back, and "tufts" of fur behind the ...elbows? Do I need a new prescription for my glasses?

What IS that creature?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Oh, Tammy, I was wondering the same exact thing when I saw the dog. I wish they would give before and after pictures of the dogs, and maybe some explaination as to what was done. I would love to know what that dog looked like before the groom and how the finished product was obtained.

I have to say though, I was pleasantly pleased to see something "different" in the winners circle.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Yeah, what was that. Somebody enlighten us!
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

haven't you heard?

it's the newly manufactured................

diyenadoodle part dinosaur(don't know how they managed that) oh yeah, i remember now. you know in Jurassic Park when they got the dino dna out of the fossil....yeah, that must be how they did it........part hyena.......and of course....part poodle.......retail value $4,500!!

Comment

You must be hallucinating

I don't see a dog or a creature......You must need this 3 day vacation. What dog?

Comment

Oh, I gotta dig up the magazine

Sorry, I didn't see the pic. I will look for it later. Gotta go to Sunday morn meetin. Then I gotta bake a cake and look for internet balloons whatever that is......How do we eat internet cake? No calories tho!

Comment

To venture a guess, Dutch Shepherd? It's brindle, and they only come in brindle. The ears are kinda short, though. Maybe Dutch Shepherd mix? Chow/Whippet? Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by goldiphlox View Post
                it's the newly manufactured................

diyenadoodle part dinosaur(don't know how they managed that) oh yeah, i remember now. you know in Jurassic Park when they got the dino dna out of the fossil....yeah, that must be how they did it........part hyena.......and of course....part poodle.......retail value $4,500!!
                oh and before anyone thinks i'm a complete loon, i never saw the pic, i was just going by spikey's description!

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                  To venture a guess, Dutch Shepherd? It's brindle, and they only come in brindle. The ears are kinda short, though. Maybe Dutch Shepherd mix? Chow/Whippet? Who knows?
                  Helly, I'm so disappointed in you. I thought for SURE you'd have the answer, lol.

It looks like a hyena (sp?) that has a pelt on its back, lol.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Right, what the H is it?

I feel sorry for the guy who got him.....he had to be very creative. The dog next to him has no face.

Comment

Dutch Shepherd ummmmmm

Sounds like a chocolate cake....."I'll have a piece of the Dutch Shepherd, please."Got cake on the brain. haha

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                        Helly, I'm so disappointed in you. I thought for SURE you'd have the answer, lol.

It looks like a hyena (sp?) that has a pelt on its back, lol.

Tammy in Utah
                        Yeah, well, that lion cut makes it difficult. You can't tell if the mane was shortened any, or if that's the natural length. And you only get one view. It's hard to see exactly what the shape of the head is. But it does sorta look like a Dutch Shepherd. Too bad they didn't bother to identify the dog's breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                          Yeah, well, that lion cut makes it difficult. You can't tell if the mane was shortened any, or if that's the natural length. And you only get one view. It's hard to see exactly what the shape of the head is. But it does sorta look like a Dutch Shepherd. Too bad they didn't bother to identify the dog's breed.
                          It IS disappointing, they never ID the breed. Maybe I'll write to Gwen and Sally...seriously, that's annoying sometimes.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

I never got a copy, does anyone have a pic online?

Comment

I looked through the mag yesterday and noticed the pic you are talking about but I didn't pay anymore attention to it. I just thought "kind of strange, but what do I know?" and went onto something else.

Do you read the article about anal glands?
                              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X