Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think he was stoned,how should i deal with this??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think he was stoned,how should i deal with this??????

okay i get a call last sat,witha lab mix,said just needed a bath,no prob i said i can fit bath dog in no worries,but booked on haircuts,he even showd me when he got thetre that his brother tried to shave dogs tail and he was mad about it,so dog was sweet we bathed brushed out good,this morning he walks in looks really pissed off,and asks did you give my dog a haircut?i said no why?he said cause i wanted one shes shedding like crazy,i said you didnt ask for one and if you would of i woulndt of fit you last week,well his attitude changed and he started laughing and says oh yeah i think maybe i forgot to mention i needed a haircut,i will book one nexy week,well the first time he came in i noticed he acted a little stoned and this time i really notived he did,what would you all do in this situation,im scared to groom his dog now,

Why are you afraid to groom his dog? Pot is suppose to mellow you out, man!!!

Comment

It is your choice....

Hey we all like the money but we do have the right to refuse to groom any dog for any reason. A great example is what happend to me a couple of weeks ago, The husband drops off the Bichon which I had groomed once before way back in Dec. it was a 7 strip way beyond matted, and of course they hated it, "OMG it's bald" We have all heard it, I gave a lesson in brushing and sent it home. Now it is May and the bichon had not been brushed since, again matted not solid but definatly matted. As per the husbans instrctions this time they wanted the dog brushed out and scissored to a bichon trim, I said I would do this but it is very painful and I rather cut the mats out. We said "I dont care how you do it, just take no more then an inch off. I started to groom the dog, after three hours of brushing, the wife calls in, she tells me to leave the mats that I cant get out. I explain as a professional it is not ethical for me to leave the mats in as it is not a proper job, She then began to threaten me saying that she will sue me and picket infront of the vet office telling clients how bad of a groomer I am if I strip the dog again. I hung the phone up on her. She called back, I said "ma'am I am not here to listen to your threats, and hung up again.
      I finished the dog as per her instructions, with mats in place. The total bill was 50 for the scissor trim and 30 for dematting time and 30 for her attitude.

The point is she is one person and a big Bitch at that, so I charged her out the ass. I am a professional and I demand respect. I stand firm on not taking abuse at work from employers or clients, If you feel that there will be a problem then dont do the dog, simple. There are many clients who will appriciate you and your work.

Comment

Peace Man

Depends on how he made you feel I guess. Are you talking about smoking pot stoned? Can you smell it?
        If you think he was taking drugs like Meth or something or drunk acting hyper and crazy I would not take his dog again.

If he is just some old stoner from the 60's I guess it would depend on the guy.
        I'm a child of the late 60's 70's myself so I may be a little more lax about that but I think I would also recognize it. If you don't know what your dealing with or if you are uncomfortable with any client human or animal I would not deal with them. Always trust your gut instinct about someone.

Comment

Remember: you have the right to refuse service.

Comment

fI don't get too upset about people being stoned lol. Heck, I wish some of these aholes would smoke. Then maybe they would mellow out lol.
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

How about if you write up a description of exactly what he wants done and have him sign and date it? If you don't work alone, you could also have a co-worker present to back you up later if need be.

I agree that you do have the right to refuse service. I try to trust my instincts now, because on several (non-groom related) occasions, I have regretted not doing so. There are some really strange characters in my area. Every so often one of them will wander into my shop for whatever reason, but it has nothing to do with grooming. I politely tell them I'm really busy and don't have time to chat. That usually takes care of it. I also have my Black Belt certificate on the wall in my lobby as an additional measure of security.

Comment

Originally posted by poodlegroominggirl View Post
                Hey we all like the money but we do have the right to refuse to groom any dog for any reason. A great example is what happend to me a couple of weeks ago, The husband drops off the Bichon which I had groomed once before way back in Dec. it was a 7 strip way beyond matted, and of course they hated it, "OMG it's bald" We have all heard it, I gave a lesson in brushing and sent it home. Now it is May and the bichon had not been brushed since, again matted not solid but definatly matted. As per the husbans instrctions this time they wanted the dog brushed out and scissored to a bichon trim, I said I would do this but it is very painful and I rather cut the mats out. We said "I dont care how you do it, just take no more then an inch off. I started to groom the dog, after three hours of brushing, the wife calls in, she tells me to leave the mats that I cant get out. I explain as a professional it is not ethical for me to leave the mats in as it is not a proper job, She then began to threaten me saying that she will sue me and picket infront of the vet office telling clients how bad of a groomer I am if I strip the dog again. I hung the phone up on her. She called back, I said "ma'am I am not here to listen to your threats, and hung up again.
                I finished the dog as per her instructions, with mats in place. The total bill was 50 for the scissor trim and 30 for dematting time and 30 for her attitude.

The point is she is one person and a big Bitch at that, so I charged her out the ass. I am a professional and I demand respect. I stand firm on not taking abuse at work from employers or clients, If you feel that there will be a problem then dont do the dog, simple. There are many clients who will appriciate you and your work.
                WOW. So, did they pay without attitude? Either way, they'll pay for it later.

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

If he made you fell uncomfortable you can refuse to groom his dog.

Comment

Hey,
                    Catch him on an upbeat high and you might get a great tip! I'd smile,groom the dog and go on to the next!

Comment

Originally posted by Allan View Post
                      Hey,
                      Catch him on an upbeat high and you might get a great tip! I'd smile,groom the dog and go on to the next!
                      Yeah, and give him a twinkie...you'll get a big tip, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by poodlegroominggirl View Post

All I can say is that you only charged that much for the dematting?
                        I have had dogs and owners like that, where the coat could be saved, but it was a lot of brushing. I have insisted that for their dog's sake it be broken into 3 appointments because all the dog will remember next time is that he got brushed forever and that he isn't gonna like being groomed anymore.

Comment

Along with what everyone else has said, I wouldn't just assume he was stoned unless he walked in with a cloud of smoke hanging to him. He may just be an old stoner who's brain is so fried he acts stoned even when he's not. Or he may have a medical condition that's responsible for his behavior.

If he doesn't seem aggressive about it, I'd just write up whatever he asks you to do and have him sign it. Then, when he picks the dog up, go over it with him and ask him if everything is as requested.

Another thing. If he really was stoned, he may not remember to bring the dog back, or where to bring the dog back, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rainingcats&dogs View Post
                            the first time he came in i noticed he acted a little stoned and this time i really notived he did,what would you all do in this situation
                            Ask him if he has any more?
                            The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

i wasn't sure how to reply to this. if he was instead drunk, what would have been your reaction. the bottom line is that there isn't any real difference. impaired judgement is impaired judgement irregardless of how it happened. depending on what state you live in, you may have a legal responsibility to report it. i have no idea what the law in ct states. i would not be comfortable with this guy on the road. what if someone you loved was killed because of an impaired driver. i would have called the police if i was working in a shop.
                              Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                              "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Working...
                              X