hair trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hair trap

Hi, what kind of hair trap do you have for your bath tubs? Does it work well and easy to clean up? I found two hair trap on Petedge, which one is better? The plastic $35.99, or the stainless steel $123.98 ?
    Please give me your advises

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/brow...rd=hair%20trap

Good question, I've been thinking about looking for something at walmart maybe. I need the kind you just stick over the drain and empty as you go. The drain we have is the kind thats like a + sign in a circle, and the hair will tend to catch on it and wrap around the little bars so I have to sit and pick at them to pull the hairs out.

Comment

Originally posted by JJk View Post
      Hi, what kind of hair trap do you have for your bath tubs? Does it work well and easy to clean up? I found two hair trap on Petedge, which one is better? The plastic $35.99, or the stainless steel $123.98 ?
      Please give me your advises

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/brow...rd=hair%20trap
      I have both the plastic one, and the smartway one that is a little less than $123. They both block up pretty fast with shedding dogs, but do work. The plastic on is really not good by itself, but works when you need to clean the smartway one out. If there is a lot of hair, the plastic one will fill fast when you empty the smartway. The plastic one holds only a tiny bit of hair, and if you lose the little plastic insert you will have to buy a whole new trap. I was told that by Petedge. After I had gotten the two, I am not sure if I should have spent the money and got the bigger interceptor, but the girl at petedge told me to get the plastic one with the smartway.

Comment

I use the metal ones from Lowe's you get like 4 different sizes for $5. They are great. I have a people tub in my trailer.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Thanks girls, I think I will order the smartway, I can't find the plastic one in Canada and it will cost me broker's fee if I order through the border. My old one is the plumbing kit that I ordered with my Edemco tub, it didn't last long.
          Oh, by the way, the smartway was $123.98 on my catalogue but is $ 119.85 on the web.

I have those cheaper ones already, actually, I have the metal one and the white hat-liked plastic one on top of it. Nothing is enough for those dog hair, I am using three hair traps at once.

Comment

I also use the metal ones from lowes the work great for 5.00 and once every couple of weeks draino the drains
            "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
            Nancy

Comment

We just use the cheapo ones too, never any problems...can't see spending over a hundred dollars on one!
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I just have a metal thing that sits over the drain, then the drain itself is a + looking thing. Have been using that for almost 4 yrs now and have no problems. I pour draino bi weekly, unless I've had alot of shedders, then I do weekly.
                Matter fact, I'm using the same metal thing that the groomer who owned the shop before me used. She had the place for 20 some years and only had to call in a plumber once.

Comment

I don't even use draino. I do however need to pour some bleach down there. I don't want my grey tank getting all funky. I keep forgetting to buy some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post
                    I just have a metal thing that sits over the drain, then the drain itself is a + looking thing. Have been using that for almost 4 yrs now and have no problems. I pour draino bi weekly, unless I've had alot of shedders, then I do weekly.
                    Matter fact, I'm using the same metal thing that the groomer who owned the shop before me used. She had the place for 20 some years and only had to call in a plumber once.
                    For me, I can't let hair go into the system, as the landlord told me he didn't want to have problems with the dog hair, and the center is on a septic system, so I don't want to be blamed for having to empty the tank more often.

Comment

Yeah, we don't use draino either...I don't think we've ever really had a problem ever.
                      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

JJK

Where in Canada are you that the smartway is that price?? I'm in Canada, and my suppliers sell it for like $159 or something like that. I've always thought of getting one, but thought it would fill up pretty quick.

Vicki

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
                          For me, I can't let hair go into the system, as the landlord told me he didn't want to have problems with the dog hair, and the center is on a septic system, so I don't want to be blamed for having to empty the tank more often.
                          Same here Bearmtn, and Vicki, the price was from Petedge and it was US$. Your price is the same I am going to pay. Most members here are in the States so I just put the US prices on.

Comment

hair trap

I have been using the hair trap from Pet Edge that was over $100 for almost a year and I do think it's worth the money. I do clean it out quite often, depending on hair being washed down the drain. A large dog with shedding hair will likely clog the trap and I'll clean it out twice. The drain is about 8 inches long and fits down the drain. I comes with a tweezer like device to pull the hair out which compacts into the trap. After seeing the huge mats of hair coming out of the drain, I'm extremely grateful to have this device. I'm sure it has saved me from having to get a plumber many times over. Hopefully, someone may know of a place to get one like this that isn't so expensive, but, I highly recommend this type.

Is the plastic one made like this? Would think it would work well too.

Deb
                            Pawsitively Perfect

Comment

Cheapy

I just pull the hair out of my cheapy as I go. I have a trash can next to the tub so it is rather easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X