Here is a laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a laugh

Okay, many of you have read about "the employee" who has been giving me a hard time: she is never happy, she always wants more, etc. Well, last week I finally decided to let her go and life has never been more peaceful. I really like her I just don't like her attitude. Anyway, today she calls to ask my receptionist a question and I answered, she is shocked so I explained that the receptionist is on vacation and I am playing receptionist today. About 1 hour later the phone rings and the caller ID says "number withheld".

The person on the other line says "I would like to make an appointment for my dog", great, I have an opening next Thursday. "Well, I met this sweet lady at Petsmart and I want her to groom my dog her name is ??" I say, oh I am sorry but ?? isn't here. "Well, when will she be back because I ONLY want her". I am sorry but she no longer works here. "Fine then, I won't be there".

Does this sound like a set-up or what :-)

YES...a total set up. ROFLMAO

Comment

She has too much time on her hands. Why isn't she looking for another job?

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
        She has too much time on her hands. Why isn't she looking for another job?

Great answer!

Comment

Oh yes, a set up for sure. Does she think your stupid or something and wouldn't see through it?! Some people.

Like someone else said "too much time on her hands. Why isn't she looking for another job?"
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

When I left an old job for a better situation, a client followed me. Since I wasn't allowed to contact her, she had to call for an appointment like normal to find out I wasn't there. My ex boss accused the woman of the above-- saying that it was ME or one of my friends calling to show her how much I'd be missed!! lol!!! Needless to say the client eventually found me, but told all her friends who were clients about the crazy ex boss... they switched to me too!

I'm sure you handled it gracefully, but just be careful!

Comment

yah, we all better look out for that crazy Gracy!lol no really....she was probably hoping you'd feel guilty or something and call her to come back.....not!!!

she wants you to think you made a big mistake.

Comment

Thanks syphol, I handled it honestly "I am sorry but she no longer works here".

She didn't ask where she was working (I don't think she is working anywhere).

Comment

Wow. This is just a little more confirmation that you made a good choice in her being let go. She sounds a wee bit nutty to me...why even bother???

Comment

I agree w/the above. NO BIG LOSS...lol...one could only hope that she reads this board. If she does she is going to feel like a big DA!!
                    SheilaB from SC

Comment

Wow that sounds familiar. Your not in Pensacola are you?

Comment

No, I am in the Orlando area :-)

Comment

I am kinda going through the same thing ......The clients I didn't have files on at my old place of employment (if you can call contracting space employment)are calling the clinic and asking for appts with me and when they say my name half the receptionist and the new groomer cop major attitudes on my poor clients!! Thankfully I still have a few friends there who were told they are not allowed to tell my clients where I am but have gotten around that by saying " i believe she's in the phone book" Honestly if I wanted to fight it , i could hire a lawyer to get computer copies of all my client lists I just don't have the money to hire a lawyer to fight such a petty fight. I have faith that my clients will find me. And when the new shop goes up full blown with huge sign........I know they will find me then!!

Comment

[QUOTE=GriffonsMOM;48807]I am kinda going through the same thing ......The clients I didn't have files on at my old place of employment (if you can call contracting space employment)are calling the clinic and asking for appts with me and when they say my name half the receptionist and the new groomer cop major attitudes on my poor clients!! Thankfully I still have a few friends there who were told they are not allowed to tell my clients where I am but have gotten around that by saying " i believe she's in the phone book" Honestly if I wanted to fight it , i could hire a lawyer to get computer copies of all my client lists I just don't have the money to hire a lawyer to fight such a petty fight. I have faith that my clients will find me. And when the new shop goes up full blown with huge sign........I know they will find me then!![/QUO

Of course they will find you! When I left my previous employer (I had been there 25 years!!) the owner had all incoming calls my last week transferred to her cell phone so no one could talk to me! I always wondered how many of my regular clients would follow me and now I know because they ALL did!! I also gained some really wonderful new clients that live in the area of my very own new shop. Best of luck to you -- it will be great!

Comment

Working...
                            X